This position is closed or expired.
See other Accounting jobs
Internal Audit Team Leader
The Internal Audit Team Leader is responsible for assisting the Head of Internal Audit in managing the Audit department. He/she implements the internal audit plan from conception to completion, submitting the finalized findings to senior management and business units, contributing to the effective fulfillment of Azadeas business goals.
- Responsible for planning and assigning tasks, setting deadlines, monitoring results and quality, providing training in addition to relaying team's request to hierarchy
- Evaluate with the Head of Internal Audit, the organizations risk areas and assist in the development of the annual Audit Plan, ensuring the implementation of sound policies and procedures is in accordance with audit standards
- Plan and implement complete internal audits, issue draft and final audit reports making sure accurate findings/conclusions are reached and adequate testing is performed
- Coordinate engagements with the external auditors and ensures that each party is aware of work coordination and briefed on areas of concern
- Review and report the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial and internal controls information that are provided to the audit committee and management
- Prepare and conduct presentations on risk, internal control or audit to relevant parties
- Research professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships, and share information gained with co-workers and management.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge:
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a related field, 2 of which are in a supervisory role; retail and public accounting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is required. Masters or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a plus Fluency in English
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Attention to details
- Commercial Understanding
- Driving and achieving results
- Developing and motivating others
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.