Internal Communications Specialist
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
The HR Communications Specialist develops and implements HR's internal communications strategy across the Bank, in order to build understanding and support for HRs strategic priorities across ADCB, working closely with the Marketing department, who are responsible for protecting and enhancing the Banks image and reputation.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Develop and oversee management of the overarching internal communications strategy and plans for the HR department.
2. Develop, implement and maintain effective communications channels.
3. Offer expert advice, council and guidance in relation to all aspects of the internal communications function.
4. Draft and/or edit executive messages and presentations, providing context, clarity, consistency and appropriate tone, and create linkages to the company's strategic priorities.
5. Provide communications advice, planning and support for key business initiatives within HR, including strategic initiatives, stakeholder management, talent development, key organizational changes, etc. Measure effectiveness and adapt as needed.
6. Support HR management communications based constantly innovative tools and resources.
7. Provide advice, planning and tactical support to ensure the internal launch of the new policies, processes and procedures is a success.
8. Work closely with HR management and Marketing department to make sure internal/external communications are consistent and coordinated.
9. Source and edit information from stakeholders for wider communication. In reverse, act as a conduit between employees and key stakeholders ensuring that management are aware of key issues, staff are engaged and enquiries are followed-up.
Education Level Required
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Commerce, Human Resources, Business, or equivalent experience and professional body recognition.
Minimum 5 years of experience in internal communications role within large corporations.
Minimum 3 years experience across various Banking domains highly desirable.
ARABIC FLUENCY IS ESSENTIAL.
Special Skills / Attributes required for the Job
Proven track record of delivering impactful internal communications, including message development, communications planning and tailoring communications for different audiences.
Excellent project management skills and experience of coordinating multiple projects at the same time.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of information.
Creative writing skills.
Strong proof reading skills and attention to detail.
Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels of the organization.
Adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups.
Knowledge of new/emerging technologies and how best to use them for internal communications purposes.
Proficiency with software applications including MS Outlook, MS Office; familiarity with html, web editing, web design and basic video editing skills an advantage.
About the Company
About the Company
ADCB was incorporated on 1 July 1985 as a public joint stock company for an unlimited duration in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, UAE. ADCB is registered under the UAE Federal Commercial Companies Law No. (8) of 1984 under registration number 4 and operates in the UAE under a banking licence issued by the Central Bank of the UAE.
ADCB provides a range of consumer and corporate banking, Islamic banking, trade finance, structured finance, foreign exchange, derivatives, and financial advisory services, primarily in the United Arab Emirates. In addition, ADCBs subsidiary Abu Dhabi commercial Islamic Finance PSC holds an Islamic banking license.
As at 31 December 2010, ADCB operated 47 branches, 4 pay offices and 265 ATMs in the UAE; 4 new branches and 99 new ATMs were added during 2010. ADCB also operated 2 branches in India.