Junior Accountant / Accountant
Shalina Group Companies
Key areas of responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions on a daily basis.
- Maintain Financial and Management Accounts required by company internal systems & local country regulations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices.
- Initiate relevant vouchers with prior approval.
- Monthly reconciliation of Bank, Debtors, Creditors and stock.
- Interact with internal and external auditors.
- Prepare payroll details & maintain employee related files.
- Ensure Proper Accounting of the Company’s Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and Assets.
- Ensure timely receipts from Customers and payment to Suppliers.
- Generate and analyze Daily, Weekly and Monthly MIS reports as per management requirement, and advice the management accordingly.
- Develop and implement accounting and internal control systems and procedures.
- OPEX, CAPEX and Fund Management.
- AOP preparation.
- Oversee financial management of branch operations.
- Cash handling & accounting.
- Exchange rate gain/loss concept and accounting of the same.
- Costing & cost control.
- Inventory valuation & control.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce or Masters of Commerce
- Minimum Experience: 3-6 years of experience in finance or accounting position, preferably within an Africa Trading environment.
- Job Specific Skills: Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Practices. Effective written & verbal communication skills in English and interpersonal skills.
Ability to produce information and reports within tight timeframes and able to multi-tasking. Knowledge of latest version of Tally and working knowledge of MS Office 2007/10, Oracle finance Management module is essential. Knowledge of Foreign Exchange. Fluency in English is a must and ability to speak Portuguese is an advantage.
Position will be based at Africa
About the Company
About the Company
Shalina Group is a privately owned umbrella for our principal activities in two business verticals: copper mining and production as well as pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution. Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives are implemented through our foundation.
Shiraz Virji, our Chairman, founded Shalina Healthcare in 1981 after developing the concept of high quality but low cost medicines for the African market. He opened our first wholesale pharmacy in Kinshasa, DRC. Over the following fifteen years, the Shalina brand became well known across the DRC and the company diversified into neighbouring west African countries including Ghana, Nigeria and Angola. Today, Shalina Healthcare has operations in 6 African countries and is pursuing an aggressive expansion plan.
Shiraz Virji founded Shalina Resources in 2001 beginning with small-scale cobalt mining and mineral processing. Through systematic reinvestment into the business and a clear expansion plan, the company witnessed high levels of organic growth. By 2002, Shalina Resources produced 500 tonnes per annum of copper salts and 240 tonnes per annum of cobalt salts through precipitation. Shalina Resources acquired the rights to the Etoile mine in 2003 and over the next seven years put in place Solvent Extraction and Electro Wining processing facilities. Today, Shalina Resources is close to achieving production of 30,000 tonnes per annum of copper cathodes (LME grade A quality) and 3,000 tonnes per annum of cobalt.
Throughout the Group's history, we have had a strong commitment to social responsibility. The Shalina Foundation was set up as a vehicle through which to undertake our CSR activities and we donate a significant portion of profit to the Foundation on an annual basis. We are committed to developing the communities in which we operate: through funding and building regional infrastructure and also giving opportunities to local Congolese people through training and long-term career options.
The Shalina Group headquarters are in Dubai, with operating offices in London, India, China and across Sub-Saharan Africa. The Group directly employs over three thousand people in all its different operations.