Kitchen Production Senior – Ikea
Al Futtaim Group
Kitchen Production Senior - Ikea - Doha Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!To assist the Food & Beverages Manager in the execution of the IKEA FOOD Service Concept in the IKEA Restaurant & CafĂ©, IKEA Bistro, IKEA Swedish Food Market and IKEA co-worker restaurant by ensuring that the daily operations of the kitchen and production area is supervised and directed at the highest standard way to strengthen the IKEA store's position as the best home furnishing store in the local market.
* Ensure efficient operations of the IKEA Restaurant & CafĂ© department with special attention to the preparation and serving of food that enhances both the customer and co-workers dining experience.
* Oversee the inventory and stock levels across the Food & Beverages department from purchasing, ordering and stock rotation (FIFO).
* Implement, develop and monitors the food safety and hygiene standards and regulations to ensure a safe working environment for both the customers and co-workers in accordance with the and HACCP standards as well as the local health and safety regulations standards.
* Monitor and control the food costs, operational costs, productivity, sales mix and recipe cost.
* Execute action plans for the kitchen and production area to support the business plan/goals, sales/gross profit objectives.
* Equipment Maintenance and documentation.Â
* Responsible for the efficient organisation of the business area in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profit, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
* Together with the Food & Beverages Manager and other team members, secure to achieve the IF&B standard set in the operational /commercial growth review documents.
* Use relevant KPI's and the commercial input to identify business potentials and to steer their business.
* Manage the full food product range according to the IKEA Concept.
* Work with a relevant and attractive range offer based on the information on the local market.
* Actively exceed customer expectations the IKEA Way.
* Confidently work with the food handling process.
* Create and implement an efficient production plan to secure the agreed profitability.
* Understanding and execution of the logistics processes from ordering to storage.
* Transfer their know-how to grow their business and people.
* Responsibility of coordinating the area of food safety in the store.
* Develop and manage the HACCP system.
* Ensure that IKEA Food Safety programs are implemented and followed in the store. .
* Make random and unannounced food safety checks in the store.
* Ensure that all IKEA FOOD co-workers are participating in IKEA Food Safety e-learning and other food safety training initiatives.
* Organize planned and random microbiological and other product analyses for the store
* Build relationships with relevant national and local authorities, auditors and suppliers.
* Be well updated on current and upcoming national legislation on food safety.
* Ensure that all IKEA FOOD co-workers are familiar with CASY (incident reporting).
* Ensure that the IKEA FOOD Team knows how to act if an incident occurs through the Emergency Management Team.
* Initiate and follow up of investigations caused by incidents concerning national and international range.
People Management & DevelopmentÂ
* In conjunction with the HRBP and Food & Beverages Manager select, recruit, train, develop, coach, mentor and inspire co-workers in accordance with the IKEA values.
* Train the co-workers on how to work with the Swedish and local range as per recipes.
* Train the co-workers in food preparation to ensure the highest standards of range presentation.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
High School/Trade School Graduate preferably in hotel, business or culinary programme of study
3-5 years kitchen production supervisory/management experience preferably in a high volume business setting
* Commitment to high quality of food, service and cleanliness
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to build working relationships
* Must be able to speak and understand English
* Must have multi-tasking capabilities
* Must have an advance computer skills
* Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish washing machines.
Eye for details, Interpersonal and Leadership Skills with Analytical and Strategic Thinking.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.