After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Lead Civil Engineer
Our client is a major energy company, with interests in power generation, combined heat and water, desalination and upstream oil & gas. Presently they have a project on in Ghana, with a 220 MW simple cycle power plant.
The lead Civil Engineer will be part of a of project implementation team overseeing the civil and structural construction of the expansion of power plant, including offshore and onshore marine civil works, the lead civil engineer is responsible for the review and follow-up on the design of all civil and structural works in accordance with the EPC Contract. Additionally, responsible for ensuring the timely and safe sequential construction of civil works on site in accordance with the technical specifications of the EPC Contract.
• Together with the Owner’s Engineer, analyze and approve relevant documents (where required), including drawings, layout and schematics proposed by the EPC Contractor in conformity with the contractual technical specifications and applicable codes and standards.
• Ensure the timely follow-up including the Owner Engineer comments for the design of the civil and structural works provided by the EPC Contractor.
• Ensure the follow-up of the civil construction activities on-site in coordination with the EPC Contractor’s teams, Owner’s Engineer, and TIC teams, etc.
• Ensures compliance of civil construction with the relevant codes and standards in accordance with the technical specifications, the EPC contract, and local applicable laws;
• Participates in site meetings with the EPC Contractors and prepares formal meeting minutes and notes;
• Manage the interfaces and coordination between the EPC Contractor, the TIC team, etc. in relation to civil and structural works;
• Together with the Owner’s Engineer validate the technical solutions provided by the EPC Contractors for all civil and structural works;
• Prepares regular technical reports and analyzes incidents in cooperation with other involved parties;
• Guide the civil team in their duties;
• Draft amendments and purchase requisitions/technical specifications relative to additional orders as necessary;
• Ensures high quality of the execution of the civil and structural works in conformity with the Quality Assurance Plan, technical specifications of EPC contract and good industry practice;
• Maintains good team work and works closely with the Owners Engineer, the TIC O&M team, the EPC Contractors, and TIC project implementation team;
• Monitors the progress of the civil and structural works and comments on the project schedules in collaboration with the other members of TIC implementation team and identify and report slippage to the schedule and propose to EPC Contractor recovery measures;
• Monitors full compliance of the HSSE procedures of TIC and the EPC Contractor in all areas that the EPC Contractors will be undertaking work;
• In conjunction with the Owner Engineer and other members of the project implementation team ensures accurate civil and structural work drawings are maintained and that field changes and as-built drawings are properly documented;
• Proven experience in construction of major civil engineering works (from design phase through completion) preferably in combine cycle power plants;
• Must be comfortable in both team and individual work environments;
• Must be able to coordinate work with both internal and external clients;
• Sound judgment and effective problem solving capability;
• Good English communication skills (oral and written);
• Civil engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years experience including the implementation of major power plant works; at least 4 years working on power plant projects
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Expected duration 12 to 18 Months.
About the Company
Mashreq has provided banking and financial services to millions of customers and businesses since 1967.
We are the largest private bank in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) with a growing retail presence in the region including Egypt, Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain.
We focus on providing our customers access to a wide range of innovative products and services.
Mashreq is invariably among the highest performing banks in the region. Last year we recorded a Net Profit of AED 1 billion from a Total Operating Income of AED 4.962 billion. At the end of last year our Total Assets stood at AED 94.26 billion.