Lead Solutions Architect – Saudi National
New Sourcing International (NSI)
My client is a multinational technology vendor, they are currently looking for a lead solutions architect to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. My client is only willing to consider Saudi nationals for this position. Non Saudis need not waste there time by applying.
• Architect custom solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
• Architect reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
• Customize reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
• Capture and share architectural IP at the solution level.
• Define and implement architectural governance at the program and enterprise or operational scope.
• Contribute to the Architect profession both internally and externally.
• Lead architecture team in architecture activities for complex, medium to large opportunity.
• Develop for client technically or operationally feasible long-term IT strategies and plans
• Assess business impact of multiple technologies/strategies
• Identify and address technical or operational risks
• Provide review/input on project activities for large enterprise or global level projects
• Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for large enterprise or global level projects.
• Develop and deliver sales presentations at CEO/COO/CIO levels for large, complex opportunities
Education and experience required:
• Industry experience – 10 to 15 years
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise or global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of the proposed architecture to assure professional quality and logical consistency in the face of political and business pressures.
- Conversant with and able to apply multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, ITSM, …)
- Understands and applies one or more industry acknowledged architectural modeling methods and tools.
- Usually possesses a valid industry certification in an appropriate architectural discipline
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets business need.
- Be able to evaluate the effect of external factors on designed solution
• Business Acumen:
- Relates risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects (use of internal knowledge of organization; trusted advisor relationship).
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions.
- Ability to consistently apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful business recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Ability to perform business process analysis/synthesis using modeling or simulation tools and techniques, such as workflows and diagrams to show interrelationships of multiple processes, tracking instances/characteristics of process elements.
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas.
- Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions (“trusted advisor” role).
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of multiple technologies or IT disciplines
• Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability
• Engagement delivery
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
• Opportunity pursuit
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing large, complex opportunities
- Position HP offering against the competition
- Be able to provide HP with voice of the account
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for large, complex opportunities
- Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) process for large, complex opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills.
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional and global projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at both local and regional level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions (at least 4 per year) to HP knowledge systems that are recognized by the Architect profession to represent best practice.
- Makes formal recommendations to improve the level of job satisfaction for other HP employees working on the project.
- Can significantly contribute in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Leads in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Expert and Specialist level architects within the Architect profession
- Leads in the definition of HP unit’s processes, standards, and policies
- Build and manage long-term, strategic relationships at CEO and CIO level.
- Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply critical organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer’s Executive level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates mostly strategic information and some Tactical information.
About the Company
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) is a leading international group specializing in talent acquisition services around the globe. Since our introduction in 1999 we have grown extensively and now have thriving operations globally enjoying success through a network of cities worldwide with clients ranging from SME's to large corporate companies.
Our local offices boast a wealth of regional expertise with consultants whom understand the complexities and cultural sensitivities of each region. We have created a new concept of providing niche specialist recruitment solutions tailored to the needs of specific markets, regions and industries.
NSI is managed by leading industry professionals with diverse domain and location exposure in across various continents. We have a wide selection of databases and tools at our disposal that enable us to gain access to passive as well as active candidates.
We have a growing business presence in countries including Australia, North America, Africa, UK and the UAE. NSI has been providing talent management and recruitment services to a variety of industries for over 11 years. Our portfolio contains a range of offerings starting from recruitment, executive search, head hunting, outsourcing, contract staffing, and project recruitment.