After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Plan, organise and manage the implementation of leadership development strategies, policies, plans
and programs at ORYX GTL in order to ensure business continuity through building a solid
Responsible for all aspects of ORYX GTL’s leadership development KPAs and KPIs, managing
partner relationships, contracts and managing the quality of delivery and implementation. The
position will have secondary roles for coordinating ‘e’ learning within ORYX GTL and with the L&D
administration supervisor to oversee English language provision.
Strategy formulation and implementation
• Assist the Head of Talent Management and partner with other members of theLearning and Development department in developing the Talent Management strategy and plans in line with the departmental and organizational strategies and business needs and mainly pertaining to leadership development and the
building of ORYX GTL leadership pipeline.
• Ensure that the leadership development objectives are effectively communicated, scorecards updated, and a line of sight is created between individual jobholders and the unit strategy.
Budgets & Plans
• Contribute to the preparation of the Talent Management budget mainly pertaining to leadership development and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified.
• Monitor the financial performance of leadership development activities versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
Policies & Procedures
• Recommend improvements to existing leadership development policies and procedures and direct the implementation of instructions and controls covering leadership development so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service
Strategic Planning – L&D and Talent Management
• Responsible for ensuring the leadership pipeline is aligned to administrative and organisational business objectives.
Organisational and Departmental Leadership Strategy
• Analyses and map the leadership development needs in order to identify improvement opportunities and focus areas.
• Prepare gap analysis reports along with mitigation plans in order to bridge identified gaps and ensure that initiatives related to building a strong leadership pipeline are well planned and closely monitored.
• Prepare the leadership development implementation plan in order to ensure effective and efficient execution of all leadership development initiatives.
• Performs training needs analysis along with the OD specialist in order to define individual, team and organisational needs that impact the performance of ORYX GTL and translate it into leadership attributes for development.
Leadership Pipeline Framework
• Ensures that the leadership development elements are directly and clearly aligned to ORYX GTL vision and values and focus on succession excellence, growth and sustainability.
• Evaluates leadership development leading practices and assess whether those leading practices can be implemented to design ORYX GTL leadership pipeline
• Ensures ORYX GTL’s leadership approach is flexible enough to respond to new initiatives and changes in business practices, goals and objectives.
Leadership development Implementation
• Seek nominations from departmental managers on candidates to be enrolled in the leadership development program and included in the leadership development pipeline.
• Liaise with L&D administration supervisor in identifying and establishing relationship with leadership development providers and business schools.
• Collaborates with partners to provide a schedule of programmes that address ORYX GTL’s priority target areas whilst offering timely solutions to all employees on leadership needs.
• Contribute to and oversee the design and development of leadership development programs to meet the training needs identified that support the achievement of business objectives.
• Examine the cost-benefit of training proposals and organise and co-ordinate with the L&D administration supervisor the effective delivery of training and developmental programs which are cost beneficial to ORYX GTL.
• Supervises the contractors in the design, development and delivery of leadership programme elements to ensure a blended learning approach is established.
• Oversee the implementation of a variety of tools and techniques for capability and needs assessment inclusive of capability and psychometric assessments.
• Tracks performance of contractors against the planned roll-out schedule and manages any variance.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of leadership development programs to determine whether the training has met the program objectives.
Advisory services and project management
• Provides internal consultancy and directions to departmental managers and heads on leadership development programs and leadership pipeline matters.
• Provides external coordination and collaboration with partners and service providers on all aspects of ORYX GTL’s leadership development to ensure targets are met with regard to costs and budgets, schedules and timeframes.
• Manages L&D, TM and Leadership development projects and ensure effective and efficient operational roll-out of the same.
• Compiles scope of work and conducts technical evaluations on tenders and contracts related to leadership development.
• Contributes to the contract award process by supporting L&D manager and Head of TM in any TC and or STC submissions in the technical evaluation and decision making.
• Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, to improve specifically ORYX GTL’s leadership development function in terms of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
• Continuously develop a culture of Continuous Improvement to grow professional expertise and capability, ideally through awareness of leading practice techniques and tools in the area of leadership development to optimise efficiency and improve levels of service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Contributes to ORYX GTL’s newsletter, magazine and periodicals with articles and whitepapers that communicate, stimulate interest and activity with regards to leadership and learning
• Responsible for ‘e’ learning provision as an aspect of L&D’s blended learning approach.
• Prepares MIS statements and reports pertaining to leadership development and leadership pipeline status timely and accurately to meet ORYX GTL and department requirements, policies and standards.
• Prepares periodical reports to management on leadership development and leadership pipeline initiatives and effectiveness.
• Contributes to monthly management briefs, ‘Excom’ and ‘Board’ reports in order to promote leadership initiatives and share success stories.
• Prepares periodical reports to management on leadership development, ‘e’learning and English language initiatives and effectiveness.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Ensures the leadership pipeline is aligned with ORYX GTL business needs.
• Ensure the leadership pipeline is built in a timely and effective manner to meet operational and
business needs as well as business continuity.
• Ensures leadership pipeline is flexible and responsive to changes in business focus and individual,
team and organisational needs.
• Delivers a holistic and blended solution to leadership development.
• Minimises business risks with respect to leadership development and delivery.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION :
Bachelors of Human Resources or Business Administration
Years of Experience 8 - 10 years of which 5 years in Operations Leadership development role
Oil & Gas Sector preferred but not essential
About the Company
Rising from the desert with great speed and efficiency is the gas to liquids production facility, ORYX GTL, a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (51%) and Sasol of South Africa (49%). The first of a series of planned GTL production facilities that will deliver on the declared ambition of the State of Qatar to become the GTL capital of the world.