Learning and Development Specialist – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Learning and Development Specialist - IKEA Dubai Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
As a Learning & Development Executive you will beÂ working alongside the HR Business Partner and the IKEA Training Manager on the implementation of training packages.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Assist in the implementation the strategy for staff training and development
* Establishing and maintaining appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of staff training and development
* Ensuring that all line managers are fully informed of staff training and development objectives, purposes and achievements
* Support the induction program for all new co-workers into the Store
* Monitoring efficiency ofÂ the programs
* Sharing the feedback with the IKEA College from running OTJ programs in the local IKEA store
* Organising the training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation, if required
* Arranging for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
* Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Quality-focus and attention to detail
* Ability to deliver presentations or training using acceptable methods and techniques * Understanding of e-learning techniques
* Confidence in presenting information to groups of people
* Ability to operate scanning, imaging, photographic, audio-visual or related equipment
You will be a graduate in Bachelor degree in Training or Business Administration and have a minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.