Legal Advisor (Business Agreements for O&G and Maritime)
New Sourcing International (NSI)
My client is a leading Maritime Oil & Gas company based in Abu Dhabi. They are currently seeking a Business Agreement Advisor due to a significant increase in commercial and business agreements across various external entities including group companies and government entities with whom our client is related. The role requires in depth knowledge of Civil and Common Law with a focus on both the Energy, Oil & Gas and Maritime industries. The core responsibilities focus around negotiating contracts with external parties related to the business. Fluency in English with strong English drafting skills are an absolutely mandatory requirement. Candidate should have a minimum of 7 – 10 years professional experience. The position offers tax free salary and good benefits.
• Recommends on the Company’s contractual policies, procedures and manuals, to ensure compliance with the law, focusing on domestic and regional practices.
• Provides legal advice and expertise on an on-call basis and through professional standard consultation, guidance and advice.
• Contracts drafting, negotiation and interpretation, claims settlement, and laws and regulations to safeguard the Company’s interests.
• Provides legal advice to various departments within the Company, as and when required, and assist them with interpretation of complex legal documents, to ensure that all concerned are as knowledgeable as possible to minimize & avoid any errors/risk.
• Conduct legal orientation programs for Company staff to maximize their research capability and resource management for prompt handling functions and obligations.
• Initiates court cases for the Company, within the UAE, by preparing the basic legal work, necessary paperwork and documentation; explaining each case for consideration, and submits to the Court.
• Studies implication of all legal cases in which the Company is involved and recommend appropriate action in coordination with external attorneys.
• Reviews all Company contracts to ascertain and conform that they are legally correct, by closely scrutinizing the contents for accuracy and by ensuring that the correct level of legal authority has been provided.
• Ensures that all required supporting documentation has been attached, before returning to the end users, in order to ensure that all is in order to avoid delay or costly errors to the Company.
• Follows up with the concerned departments on the current status of their contracts to decide and manage remedial action, as & when required, to eliminate liability exposure.
• Ensure that sufficient legal safeguards are built into these contracts to suit their particular applications and to eliminate potential risks.
• Protect the Company from damages, risks, claims and adverse legal implications.
• Assess actual, potential or perceived risks in Contracts and legal documents and accordingly provide professional legal expertise.
• Assist and follow up Court cases, claims, counter- claims, and statements and prepare necessary documentation.
• Assesses actual, potential or reasonably perceived risks in Contracts/Agreements/legal documents to prevent any contentious situation arising at a future time.
• Conceptualize and create wide range of new innovative contracts and commercial agreements.
• Liaises and interact with personnel in other Divisions and Departments to provide legal inputs.
• Conducts core activities central to the Company’s business and prepare drafts/legal documents and write legal correspondence. Review documents for approvals, or recommend alternate action relating to Company’s lawsuits, strategies or appeals.
• Represents the Company, on legal issues, with Government Ministries and Various Departments i.e. Police, Attorney General, Chamber of Commerce, Rent Disputes Settlement Committee etc and other various legal and official councils.
• Meets National and International clients in a wide range of various legal and commercial matters arising out of business transactions. Keeps abreast of any developments of laws/regulations whether Federal or relating to the Government of Abu Dhabi and disseminate knowledge accordingly.
• Studies any vital issues, (other than legal) required by any Division/ Department and accordingly advise after exchange of meetings and research as deemed necessary under the circumstances eg. Pensioners issue, Renewed of Trade License etc.
• Ensures that all Power of Attorney’s and Authorizations from the Company in relation to diverse posts are in line with their requirements and if not to accordingly and expeditiously duly amend and modify them, if deemed necessary, for uninterrupted performance of official functions..
• Prepares and Drafting of MOU, Confidentiality Agreements, Non- Disclosure Agreements etc.
About the Company
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) is a leading international group specializing in talent acquisition services around the globe. Since our introduction in 1999 we have grown extensively and now have thriving operations globally enjoying success through a network of cities worldwide with clients ranging from SME's to large corporate companies.
Our local offices boast a wealth of regional expertise with consultants whom understand the complexities and cultural sensitivities of each region. We have created a new concept of providing niche specialist recruitment solutions tailored to the needs of specific markets, regions and industries.
NSI is managed by leading industry professionals with diverse domain and location exposure in across various continents. We have a wide selection of databases and tools at our disposal that enable us to gain access to passive as well as active candidates.
We have a growing business presence in countries including Australia, North America, Africa, UK and the UAE. NSI has been providing talent management and recruitment services to a variety of industries for over 11 years. Our portfolio contains a range of offerings starting from recruitment, executive search, head hunting, outsourcing, contract staffing, and project recruitment.