We are inviting qualified LEGAL COUNSEL to join us in Dubai office.
1.0 ACCOUNTABLE TO:
Regional Operations Director
- Advice and support on all contractual matters
- Review, amend and negotiate contracts, appointments, project and joint venture documentation to closure
- Manage and assist the efficient preparation of variations and contract claims
- Review and improve legal/contractual nature of secondary documentation or products (reports, tenders, due diligence, supervisory services)
- Manage and update standard contracts and contracts database
- Provide training and assistance on contract awareness, contract negotiation, contract management
- Conduct regular contract audits ensuring policies and standards are maintained
- Structuring, undertaking due diligence, documenting and negotiating joint ventures, acquisitions, disposals in the region.
- Advise, manage and where appropriate conduct defence/prosecution of local litigation, working in conjunction with local legal advisors and insurers and their advisors as necessary
- Ensure notification is given to insurers as necessary and liaise with Group claims and risk managers as necessary
- Advice and proactive management of legal risks
- Develop and maintain formal risk management and business continuity processes within the region
- Prepare protocols and guidelines for contracting philosophy in keeping with Group requirements
- Reviewing and advising in respect of new legislation and its impact on the business
- Establish and manage relationships with local legal advisors and protocols for their use relevant to discipline and expertise
- Ensure external legal advisors are properly retained and briefed in accordance with agreed protocols and the relevant matter
- Manage procurement of external legal advice to pre agreed budgets
- Assist the Group Legal Counsel from time to time in implementing and monitoring Group wide legal and governance initiatives and assisting in respect of cross regional projects
- Developing relationships and collaborating and working with other Regional Counsel
- Provide legal advice and support on human resource matters (contracts, health & Safety, employment visas, etc)
- Ensure statutory registers for companies within the region are maintained and kept updated and all filings with regulatory bodies are made
- Administer and document statutory board and shareholder meetings for corporate entities within the Region
- Ensure maintenance and compliance with all licenses and consents required to operate within the Region
- Provide advice and assistance in debt collection where appropriate
- Provide advice and assistance in respect of protecting intellectual property (trade marks etc) in the Region in liaison with the Group Legal Counsel
- Advise and assist in respect of office accommodation, to include lease negotiation, terminations and renewals
- Establish guidance and procedures for effective property management including scheduling of key lease terms and obligations
- Maintain registers and databases relating to risk and contract management
- Provide data and assistance in respect of maintenance and renewal of Group insurances and manage procurement and maintenance of any local extensions. Ensure compliance by all staff with procedural and policy requirements in respect of notifications and claims
- Provide reports and information to the Group Legal Counsel on legal/governance matters within the Region as required
- Attend relevant seminars/courses on U.A.E. Law in order to gain an understanding of how this applies to Hyder Consulting operations.
- To keep up to date knowledge of the relevant changes in the UAE law
- To review the current practices and modify to suite accordingly.
3.0 PERSONAL SPECIFICATION:
3.1 Education /Minimum Qualifications
oQualified solicitor with a valid degree in Law
oMinimum 4 years of expertise in the relevant field
3.2 Candidate Profile
- Culturally sensitive with experience in operating in a multicultural environment.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills together with interpersonal skills.
- Self confident and resilient personality with a practical, pragmatic and persuasive approach
- Strong personal contributor with a process, result orientated
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow through.
About the Company
About the Company
Hyder Consulting is a multi-national advisory and design consultancy. We have been in operation for over 150 years, working on some of the world's most iconic landmarks and infrastructure including the world’s tallest building in Dubai - Burj Khalifa, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Tower Bridge in London, the new Berlin airport and the Taiwan High Speed Railway.
Our international pedigree is further highlighted by our long-standing presence in our regions: we have been in business for over 150 years in Europe, 100 years in East Asia, 70 years in Australia and 45 years in the Middle East. We have built on this diversity and today 72% of our revenue comes from outside UK.
We employ around 4000 people and apply our global expertise coupled with local knowledge to create award winning solutions for the property, transport, utilities and environmental sectors.