Randstad Middle East
• Control, manage and direct the activities of the Legal Services function
• Ensure that the Chief Executive Officer is at all times apprised of developments within the Function’s remit
• Provide professional and strategic advice to the Chief Executive and top management concerning all aspects of Company’s business and operations
• Prepares, negotiates and processes the company’s legal documentation – such as concession agreements, joint venture, merger & acquisitions, end user agreements, financing agreements etc. involving review of standard documentation in anticipation of changing circumstances and risks ensuring that PU is adequately covered.
• Leads or participates (when required) in negotiations with the company’s contracting parties and investors.
• Deals with litigation and arbitration proceedings in those cases where Client is party or potentially party. Supervises and participates in the preparation and review of all briefs for litigation, engages external counsel to represent the company in court and provides assistance to counsel as required.
• Oversees the insurance function (covering property as well as employee insurance) to ensure that company interests are well guarded with no gaps.
• Provides legal support for any business expansion plans (domestic and international) to ensure that the company interests are safeguarded.
External providers of legal services:
• Procures within guidelines the services of external legal service providers and ensures their output is managed effectively.
• Instruct, and draft briefing material for, external providers of legal services
• Manage business relationships with external provider of legal services on an ongoing basis
• Degree in Law from an internationally recognized University and Licensed from a Bar Council/Admitted into Law Society.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant legal experience gained with at least 5 years in the UAE preferably in energy, real estate sectors.
• Company Secretarial experience and the ability to set up systems and procedures.
• Competent in all relevant laws, legal provisions and implications relating to the company’s business.
About the Company
About the Company
Over 30 years of local industry experience.
New name, proven expertise
In 2009, recruitment leaders Beresford Blake Thomas (BBT), Hill McGlynn and Ma Foi integrated under the Randstad brand to form Randstad Middle East.
Experience and local knowledge are essential commodities within the Middle East region, so it made perfect sense to combine 30 years’ recruitment experience in the Gulf, providing a larger, more streamlined service to our clients and candidates.
As well as having the largest geographical footprint of any recruiter, Randstad is the world’s largest specialist recruitment provider, employing over 28,000 members of staff and helping over 2.5 million people find work every year. With an enviable reputation worldwide, we have an established and respected presence in the Middle East, and are the preferred choice for specialist staffing solutions in more customary and emerging markets across the entire region.
• Accounting & Finance
• Advertising, Media & PR
• Construction & Engineering
• Hospitality & Retail
• HR & Business Support
• IT & Telecommunications & Electronics
• Oil & Gas
• Pharmaceutical & FMCG
• Property & Real Estate
• Sales & Marketing
• Executive Search & Selection
• Facilities Management