Legal Liaison Officer
Australian College of Kuwait (ACK)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Quality Management and Purchasing
DEPARTMENT: Quality Management & Purchasing
Liaise between ACK and ACKs legal firm and provide support in the daily operations of the department.
- Provides comprehensive level of assistance to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Be a focal point for collecting all inquiries that need legal action/clarifications from ACK departments to ACKs legal firm.
- Register all requests in ACK log and follow up with ACKs legal firm.
- Translate inquiries from departments and responses from ACKs legal firm when required.
- Summarize all contracts.
- File draft contracts for comments and feedback from ACKs legal firm.
- Maintain log in accordance with ACK document control and internal/external communications standards.
- Advising Director of feedback received and disseminated to the relevant departments.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follow-up on issues in a timely manner.
- Undertakes special projects to meet the objectives of the department.
- Follows the college rules and regulations.
- Undertake other duties as required by the Director.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for providing quality administrative support to the Quality Management department.
The position works under the close direct supervision of the Director.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Law.
- 2 years experience in the relevant field.
- Bilingual fluent speaking and writing both Arabic and English.
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
About the Company
The Australian College of Kuwait has been established under Kuwait Law 34/2000, governing private universities in Kuwait, to provide internationally recognized and accredited education and training to the Business, Engineering, and Maritime sectors. It was licensed by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education under Amiri Decree 141/2003 and commenced operation in October 2004.
The Australian College of Kuwait is the vision of its Chairman, Mr. Abdullah Abdul Mohsen Al Sharhan, who knows that the Australian vocational curriculum is the best in the world and has brought these world-leading courses to Kuwait to assist the development of Kuwait and its young people.
The Private Universities Council (PUC) oversees the operation of ACK from the government’s perspective and has accredited the College to operate as a provider of higher education courses. Initially offering two-year diploma courses, ACK now has PUC approval to offer degree programs as well. A ‘2+2’ course is available whereby students obtain their diploma in two years and can then continue, if they wish, to study for a further two years to obtain their degree. This arrangement is unique in Kuwait.