A leading bank in the region is looking for a Legal Manager to assist the Head of Legal. This is an excellent opportunity for a Private Practice Lawyer looking to move In-House.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Drafting and reviewing a variety of documentation relating to Banking and Finance
• Providing active support to the Head of Legal department in providing legal opinions in order to achieve the overall objectives of the department
• Reviewing of various types of agreements in order to establish the adequacy, legality and enforceability of such documents
• Ensuring compliance with the legal department's internal service standards for the provision of services in order to achieve the business' objectives and timelines
• Advising the business on legal issues as they may arise in relation to existing agreements and how the bank may resolve issues
• Bachelor of Laws from a Western University; Masters in Banking and Finance law would be an advantage
• Minimum 4 years PQE within a reputable Law Firm or Bank, ideally in the UAE/GCC region
• Extensive experience with UAE Corporate and Commercial Laws with a level of exposure to other jurisdictions
• Commercially minded, proactive individual with the ability to multi task and a proven track record of meeting deadlines
• Excellent English (Read, Write, Speak) skills are a must; Arabic is desired but not essential
About the Company
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.