Purpose of Job
The purpose of this role is to provide Legal & commercial support to the Territory and to ensure best practice commercial governance in a clear and consistent manner with innovative solutions to match the risks.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Provide legal advice and guidance to Serco Executives, Head of Business Units and Contract Managers across the Middle East.
· Draft / Negotiate contractual Terms & Conditions with Customers, Subcontractors, and Partners; all type of agreements including: Head of Terms, MOU, NDA, Teaming, Partnering, Consultancy, Escrow, Sub-contracts, Framework, Recruitment, Pre-Bid, Bidding, Service Level, Shareholders, Management, SPA, Bonds…etc
· Provide critical analysis of Customer Terms & Conditions, and develop responses that are acceptable to the Customer and meet Serco risk and pricing strategies.
· Engage with contract leads to ensure that all contractual arrangements recognize the requirements of Corporate Taxation, Treasury, Risk Management and Legal requirements and standards.
· Monitor change in relevant legislations and the regulatory environment and implement any changes to Policies and procedures as appropriate.
· Liaise with Co. Sec. office regarding the need for any Performance guarantees, Warranty, Retention and Advance payment Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees, Letters of Credit, Power of Attorney and other certified documents.
· Generate Power of Attorney and Sub Power of Attorney as appropriate to SME Directors and Contract Managers.
· Provide Legal papers/notes to guide establishing legal entities in various Middle East region when required for service delivery & Conduct and lead legal and commercial due diligence with Partners for JV’s, Partnerships or
SPVs including for M&A operations.
· Provide advice and guidance on litigation and dispute resolution processes.
· Monitor, review and challenge all legal and commercial negotiations across the division to ensure key financial risks and opportunities have been identified and mitigated.
· Provide Legal Briefings on legislations and regulations affecting SME business.
· Ensure the company complies with all applicable laws, as well as its legal and statutory requirements.
· Work with the business teams to develop legal templates and processes for new business and commercial models.
· Generate ad hoc management reports as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Professional Law degree or equivalent Business qualifications.
· Basic knowledge of Finance
· Knowledge of legislations in areas of operation to provide Legal and Governance assistance
· Ability to positively influence key stakeholders within the business.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
· Ability to liaise in a professional manner with staff at all levels in the organisation and with external parties.
· Ability to develop self and own team members and provide coaching to others to ensure they achieve results
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
· A mature, proactive and detail oriented individual.
· Strong analytical and numerical skills.
· Stay abreast of changes in Legal & Commercial regulations and legislation.
· 5 years experience in Legal and Contracts environment with a minimum of 2 years of such experience in the Middle East region.
· Experienced in Agreements (Teaming, NDA, JV, MOU,TAA …etc).
· Strong and Experienced Negotiator.
· Experienced in Terms and Conditions of Contract.
· Experienced line manager.
· Experience of working in a multi-site organisation.
· Risk Management experience.
· Sub-Contract Management experience.
· Experienced in Export Regulations(INCOTERMS).
· Knowledge of Insurance
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.