United Development Company (UDC)
Coordinates office administration activities for lawyers and perform various legal secretarial duties.
• Organize legal documents such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, documents and pre-trial agreements.
• Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to clients, witnesses, and court officials.
• Receive and place telephone calls.
• Schedule and make appointments.
• Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
• Organize and maintain law libraries, documents, and case files. Assist lawyer in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
• Attend legal meetings, such as client interviews, hearings, or depositions, and take notes.
• Draft and type office memos.
• Review legal publications and perform database searches to identify laws and court decisions relevant to pending cases.
Submit articles and information from searches to attorneys for review and approval for use.
Complete various forms, such as accident reports, trial and courtroom requests, and applications for clients.
• Proofreads and corrects prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content.
• Inputs, retrieves, updates, and deletes information using computerized databases.
• Legal research and submitting draft opinions for Attorney’s review
• Taking initial instructions from client department and contextualizing the case for Attorney review
• Liaising with client department to keep them up-to-date with case developments
• Performs other functions as may be required from time to time.
• To undertake any other duties that may be required as determined by the Supervisor or Manager.
Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Minimum 2 – 3 years in office experience.
• High degree of professionalism.
• The ability to work under pressure, without supervision, has good organizational and communication skills and good business English. Must possess the correct tact and judgment to deal with Government Ministries, heads of local and international companies and the public in general.
• MS Office proficiency.
About the Company
About the Company
United Development Company (UDC) was established in July 1999 as one of the leading private sector shareholding companies in the State of Qatar and the Middle East, and has been listed on the Doha Securities Market since June 2003.
UDC’s mission is to identify and invest in long-term projects contributing to Qatar’s growth and providing good shareholder value. The company has an authorized share capital of QR 1.072.5 billion (US $294 million), a market capitalization of US$ 902MM and total assets of US$ 1,131 MM.
From day one, the company’s mandate and mission has been to become a cornerstone of the development of Qatar, creating lasting value and maximizing returns for partners and shareholders.