After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Liaison Office Manager (Conformity Assessment)
Leading providers of Testing, Trade Inspection and Certification Services
Negotiable Salary (TAX FREE)
Based in Baghdad, Iraq
Our client, one of the global leaders in providing testing, trade inspection and certification for customs conformity. They are currently seeking to hire a Liaison Office Manager. This role is based in Baghdad, Iraq.
The successful candidate will have accountability for the management and the operations of the Liaison Office in Baghdad and the border check point sites. He will also actively liaise with Iraqi Authorities to ensure a smooth execution of the contractual terms and promote services to the Trade Community in Iraq.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Set up and operate the Liaison office in Baghdad with an overall responsibility over HR, Operations, Finances and IT
• Overall accountability for the set up and the operations executed at border sites ( including subcontractors)
• Set up the structure for each border site with the adequate infrastructure: premises, equipment, communications etc
• Staffing: selection , due diligence, training of the adequate staff and supervision
• Ensure tight control over the operations held at the borders by enforcing necessary monitoring and audit system
• PR – Liaison with Authorities and the Trade community
• Build and maintain relationships with all other relevant parties like Customs, Tax Authorities, Ports/airports/ Land authorities etc
• Represent the company in all Social and other activities aimed at enhancing the profile of the company within the country
• Design and perform marketing programme to the attention the Trade Community
• Ensure proper project implementation of all specified deliverables within the obligations of the contract.
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in key managerial domains and project management especially in the region
• Successful previous experience in dealing with institutional decision makers
• Very good knowledge of the Iraqi environment (Political, Economical and Cultural)
• Proven track in setting up operations in very difficult environment
• Technical background and/or Conformity Assessment or Product Certification a plus
• Fluent spoken and written Arabic + English
• Previous experience in dealing with institutional clients in the Middle East
• Field experience in Hostile / Remote Environments
• Environmental knowledge (Political, Economical and Cultural) of Iraq
About the Company
Logistics Executive has been established for more than 10 years and delivers professional Executive Search & Recruitment services to the global Logistics and Supply Chain market.
Our service covers the full spectrum of senior roles within the Logistics & Supply Chain vertical and includes support functions such as Finance & HR. We are also able to provide Interim Managers and Supply Chain Consultants on short or limited term contracts.
Our knowledge and reach in the Logistics & Supply Chain sector usually means that we can provide better candidates than the ‘generalist’ search firms.
We provide a suite of HR & Talent Management consultancy services to the industry including Outplacement, Executive Coaching, Psychometric testing, Assessment, Performance Reviews and Leadership Development programmes.
The Dubai Regional Office covers Africa, Middle East, Central Asia / CIS, South Asia and the surrounding regions - however we source candidates globally through our international network.
Our other international offices cover Europe, S.E. Asia and Asia Pacific.