Logistics Assistant – IKEA
Al Futtaim Group
Logistics Assistant | IKEA Dubai Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
We have an opportunity for a Logistics Assistant to join our new IKEA store opening in Doha.Â The purpose of this role is to support the store and the inventory controller to accurately maintain the store inventory integrity to provide the highest possible service levels to our internal and external customers.
* Checking and receiving all inbound stocks into the store
* Executing the physical count of the inventory cycles of the store
* Bin accuracy checks for all the Self Serve, Full Serve and Markethall departments
* Clearance of all stock investigation articles in the store
* Reporting of all the KPI'S related to inventory in the store
* Filing of all physical inventory documents for audit review
* Executing system processes related to Physical inventories (Basic Navision)
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* Previous inventory/ warehousing experience
* Excellent communicationÂ sills
* Attention to details
* Numerical skills
* Ability to work in a team
* Flexibility and punctuality
* A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
* Knowledge of NAVISION operating system will be an advantage
* IKEA product knowledge is preferable
* Comfort with physical work andÂ Â ability to lift a minimum of 25 kilos
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.