Logistics & Inventory Control Manager – Toys R Us
Al Futtaim Group
Logistics & Inventory Control Manager - Toys R Us - Regional Office, Dubai
Toys R Us is the largest specialty toy store in the world. Launched by the Al-Futtaim in Dubai in 1995, Toys R Us now exist in twelve locations in theÂ Gulf and has emerged as undisputed market leader for all children related products.
The stores offer an unrivalled range of toys, games, sporting goods, electronics, software, baby products, children's apparel and juvenile furniture all under one roof.As a Logistics & Inventory Manager your responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring that the logistics function operates as per Buying and Logistics Department's key objectives
* Ensuring a frequent replenishment in all Toys R Us stores
* Preparing the monthly logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and analysis reports on various measurable factors against benchmarked figures
* Ensuring that annual stock takes are carried out in a timely and accurate manner
* Planing and preparing for all stores annual physical inventory
* Producing the discrepancy report and analysing the discrepancies against the frozen stock quantity
* Drafting of standard operating procedures for allÂ stores and warehouse related logistics activities
* MonitoringÂ Â distributionÂ centre performance against set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure the service levels
* Developing SAP systems for future requirements for auto replenishment systems and range management
* Maintaining consistent stock balances by adhering to strict inventory control procedures
* Controlling all inventory adjustments, store to store transfers, reversal and increasing efficiency on timely adjustments
* Reviewing the performance of various personnel in the logistics and inventory teams
* Supporting the buying process in efficient and cost effective movement of merchandise from different locations across the world
* Bringing to the attention of the Buying & Logistics Manager and buying team any product that may not be performing well and propose items for mark down
* Identifying and managing the aged stock process and proposing to the Buying & Logistics Manager for mark down
* Managing the weekly communications process to stores covering all issues relating to merchandise.
To be successful in winning this role, you will be a University graduate, with an additional qualification in Supply Chain Management / Logistics or Membership of the Institute of Logistics. In addition, you will be able demonstrate:
* A minimum ofÂ 5 years experience in Supply Chain
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Analytical skills
* Planning and organising skills
* Ability to negotiate
* Retail experienceÂ and knowledge of SAP operating system would be an advantage
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.