Logistics Manager (Maritime Services)
Global leader in Logistics & Maritime Services
Salary circa US$96K annual + full expat package
Based in Nigeria
Our client is one of the world’s largest independent shipping, logistics and marine services company. They are actively seeking a highly experienced Logistics Manager to be based in Nigeria.
You will manage the Logistics division through strategic planning & leadership, and have full P&L responsibility. This position will report to the Managing Director.
The full expatriate package makes this position particularly attractive and this is an excellent opportunity to join a world class organisation in a dynamic environment.
• Effective development and implementation of strategic plans to achieve the targets set out for the division.
• Take overall responsibility for Sales & Marketing, pricing strategy and Business Development activities including liaison with Group companies to develop mutual opportunities.
• Effective management of all logistics operations and ensure appropriate maintenance of cost-effective operational resources.
• Initiate and maintain positive relationships with key logistics customers and business partners.
• Ensure accurate execution of all financial functions in the division including invoicing, credit control, budgeting and reporting.
• Develop a competent and motivated team at all levels within the business and implement a fair and effective performance appraisal system.
• Drive the Logistics division’s IT strategies and development.
• Ensure safe operations at all times and in accordance with the Group policy.
• 10 to 15 years progressive experience within Logistics, 3PL sea & air freight, preferably in Nigeria or West Africa.
• Proven experience in the Oil and Gas industry an advantage.
• Strong commercial and management background.
• Ability to lead and develop a multi-cultural team in a challenging environment.
• Ability to supervise staff and effectively manage day-to-day problems.
• Very strong leadership and negotiating skills.
• Hands on
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
• Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, MS-Outlook)
About the Company
About the Company
Logistics Executive has been established for more than 10 years and delivers professional Executive Search & Recruitment services to the global Logistics and Supply Chain market.
Our service covers the full spectrum of senior roles within the Logistics & Supply Chain vertical and includes support functions such as Finance & HR. We are also able to provide Interim Managers and Supply Chain Consultants on short or limited term contracts.
Our knowledge and reach in the Logistics & Supply Chain sector usually means that we can provide better candidates than the ‘generalist’ search firms.
We provide a suite of HR & Talent Management consultancy services to the industry including Outplacement, Executive Coaching, Psychometric testing, Assessment, Performance Reviews and Leadership Development programmes.
The Dubai Regional Office covers Africa, Middle East, Central Asia / CIS, South Asia and the surrounding regions - however we source candidates globally through our international network.
Our other international offices cover Europe, S.E. Asia and Asia Pacific.