Maintenance Controller – Al Futtaim Vehicle Rental
Al Futtaim Group
A new company within the Al Futtaim group entitled Al Futtaim Vehicle Rentals LLC is being set up in Qatar to manage the rental of vehicles & the provision of driven services. This operation will be based in Doha with local management working in tandem with management & operational support provided by Al Futtaim Group UAE.
* To prepare and quote LPO for all repairs authorised by the Maintenance department.
* To manage the maintenance & repair of the rental and lease vehicles throughout Qatar ensuring most cost effective method of repairs.
* To record and advise management of poor service levels given suppliers that is detrimental to the level service AVR provide to its customers.
* To monitor and control vehicle down time of the fleet within the maintenance cycle ensuring this is kept to a minimum reducing the cost of replacement vehicles.
* Highlight all necessary damages all departments and furnish the necessary information along with the supporting documents with respect to cost of damage repairs to the respective functions for the purpose of invoicing. In case of dispute by the customer relating to damages to the vehicle and invoicing, he refers the matter to his Supervisor.
* To provide support and guidance the invoice processor and drivers regarding all jobs pertaining to the Maintenance Department to enhance the productivity of the department.
* To ensure that vehicles transferred to the maintenance branch are efficiently dealt with and processed upon completion to the correct branch.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Work requires good verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact at all levels.
* Graduate/Diploma holder in mechanical or bodywork area or 2 years experience in a motor industry
* 2 years experience in car service or accident workshop industry.
* Good communication skills, negotiation skills, planning and organisation.
* Customer relations skills, problem solving skills and team building skills.
* Relationship Building
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Team Building.
* Confidence in own decision making.
* Planning, organising.
* Target oriented and drive to exceed demanding challenges.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.