Maintenance Supervisor – General Estate Works
The purpose of this position is to supervise Base Operations services including:
• Infrastructure Utilities Management and Operations;
• Planned and Reactive Maintenance tasks;
• Minor New Works.
This includes achievement of contractual and internal targets for quality, safety, operations, service reliability, achievement of customer service standards, supervision of subcontractors and staff working within Base Operations.
Knowledge & Skills
• Must have as a minimum, Australian qualifications Framework (AQF) Certificate IV, or suitable equivalent, in a building construction or facilities maintenance trade.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
• Sound analytical reasoning ability and capable of making decisions on complex matters.
• Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation and with the client.
• Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
• Good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrate exemplary tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive issues and individuals.
• Ability to manage from the big picture as well as dig into the details.
• Adapt to changing priorities.
• An assertive completer finisher with high level personal presence and credibility.
• Sound interpersonal influencing and communication skills able to develop and motivate others.
• Ability to influence senior management and establish and maintain collaborative partnerships.
• Strong understanding of risk management and demonstrated ability to implement risk management processes and procedures.
• A minimum of 5 years, preferably 7 years, in Building / Facilities Maintenance.
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of quality, and occupational health and safety issues, particularly as they apply to engineering type sites.
• Must be a skilled manager in communicating, motivating and developing staff, and subcontractors.
• Highly motivated and flexible to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and
effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies.
• Ability to multi-task and analyse situations promptly and without bias so as to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardising human safety, quality and the committed performance targets.
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.