Manager – Aircraft Programs
You will be responsible to manage all the next generation new aircraft definition timelines & smooth aircraft entry into services activities. You will also ensure that Qatar Airways maintains its brand distinction with the newest cost effective technology available that meets theÂ high quality standard of 5 star Airline requirements. In addition you willÂ participate as required in weekly co-ordination meetings with airframe manufacturers and vendors to ensure that Qatar Airways time lines and interests are represented and protected.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Aeronautical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field from a recognised university
- Licensed Aircraft Engineer with at least 8 years experience as a certifying staff.Previous
- Minimum 7 years of job-related experience required
- Minimum eight (8) years working experience from the major Airline/MRO or Aviation industry as a Development or Technical Services Engineer
- Minimum 5 years experience of managing special projects.
Job Specific Skills:
- Good knowledge of Aeronautical regulations and requirements.
- Good Knowledge & experience on Project management
- Knowledge of aircraft systems, preferable training on one or several types of aircraft operated by QTR.
- Ability to work independently, as well as function as part of team, work under pressure with little supervision in a fast-paced environment, able to judge multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, computer skills particularly in excel.
- Adaptable to work in cross culture environment.
- Able to attend Telephonic or webmax weekly or bi weekly or as required on Project meetings.
- Well developed inter personal team oriented skills.
- Fluent in English language, both written and oral.
- Good organisational skills.
- A strong communication and negotiation skill is essential.
- Must be able to perform and think clearly in high pressure complex situations in a 24/7 business and be able to make critical decisions using available information and personal knowledge, experience and judgement.
- Managerial skills
- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
About the Company
Welcome to a world of growing opportunities.
Qatar Airways is the national carrier of the State of Qatar. Our global network now sees us flying to over 100 destinations worldwide and operating some of the youngest fleets in the sky. We are home to over 150 nationalities.
Our mission is to deliver Excellence in Everything We Do. For us, that means we focus on the customers who fly with us. We understand that our customers choose to fly with us because we care for them. We know that every time we fly, we carry the hopes and dreams of our customers. Similarly we consider the hopes and dreams of our people. Our success is due to our leadership and the employment of high quality people who will enjoy living and working in Doha, Qatar.
Qatar is a rising economic powerhouse and is fast establishing itself as one of the world’s newest and most vibrant hubs. Qatar prides itself on its technological advances as well as its educational and research facilities. It is rapidly becoming home to more expatriates and international businesses, as well as world-renowned 5-star hotels, spas and resorts. The city boasts the best in shopping, sports activities and has been host to many high profile international events.
As the Airline of the Year 2011 and the only 5-star airline in the Middle East, the opportunities for career diversity, professional development opportunities to further your careers within the organisation are almost limitless. We truly believe that life is a journey, not a destination; therefore we help our people to realise all that they can be.
Join one of the fastest growing airlines with an ever-expanding global network.
If you wish to find out more about the Qatar Airways Group of companies and what we have to offer, then please visit our website.