Manager – Ambulatory Pharmacy Services
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
This position is responsible for assuming responsibility for the management of activities of the Pharmacy to provide outpatient services for patients of all ages.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises staff in assigned area
- Directs daily activities of the staff. Plan for efficient operations. Assigns and schedules staff as required.
- Assists staff in solving operational and professional problems.
- Provide training to staff orientation new employees. Evaluates employee’s
performance; counsel employees
- Checks work of staff to ensure that policies and procedures are observed, and that work meets acceptable professional standards.
- Ensures that record keeping meets established Pharmacy standards.
- Liaises with medical and nursing staff to coordinate Pharmacy activities and to assist in the resolution of interdepartmental problems. Ensures that medical and nursing staff is aware of assistance which can be given to pharmacy.
- Solicits opinions, new ideas and recommendations from staff pharmacists and
support personnel. Evaluates them and presents them to assistant director of pharmacy.
- Reviews policies and procedures, and makes revisions and recommendations for revisions and required.
- Ensures that a proper inventory of supplies is maintained.
- Ensures that computer pricing is accurate and updates pricing as needed.
- Measures performance and achieve targets of performance indicators.
- Generates financial report to the senior director of pharmacy
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of seven (7) year-experience as a pharmacist of which 2 years should be in a senior position
- Experience in a large community retail pharmacy is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in both English and
Arabic is preferred
- Managerial and/or supervisory experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy is required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Pharmacy, or related field, is preferred
- Current license as a Registered Pharmacist is required
About the Company
About the Company
The hospital will be a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will be led and staffed by physicians who are western-trained and board-certified. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will include a multispecialty tertiary care center and adjacent clinic. It will offer the most advanced tertiary/quaternary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. The hospital will have
the latest technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine and electronic medical records. An integrated clinic-hospital design will serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with world-class medical care.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will provide a number of career opportunities, and the medical professionals will receive ongoing training directly from Cleveland Clinic.