Manager – Corporate Communications
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
This position is responsible for managing communications to supports institutional priorities, executive/special projects and crisis
Communications throughout CCAD.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, strategizes and proactively garners media opportunities with a priority on national media
- Proactively builds and fosters relationships with internal CCAD departments or national, international and local broadcast / print media
- Develops, writes and researches internal communications and / or press materials, news releases, Media & Public Relations advisories, pitch letters and press kits
- Oversees and coordinates all national broadcast / print outreach or internal
communications on behalf of CCAD
- Develops messaging and trains key clinical and institutional spokespeople for external events and media interviews
- Manages Corporate Communications team professionals and develops annual key performance indicators for team members
- Mentors and provides growth and learning opportunities for staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in media relations, public relations or communications is required.
- Good understanding and / or prior experience with pitching or influencing national media outlets is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred
- Health care industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field is required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related is preferred
About the Company
About the Company
The hospital will be a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will be led and staffed by physicians who are western-trained and board-certified. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will include a multispecialty tertiary care center and adjacent clinic. It will offer the most advanced tertiary/quaternary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. The hospital will have
the latest technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine and electronic medical records. An integrated clinic-hospital design will serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with world-class medical care.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will provide a number of career opportunities, and the medical professionals will receive ongoing training directly from Cleveland Clinic.