Manager Planner/Scheduler (for Bids and Projects Mgmt)
This position is responsible for all scheduling aspects for Major Projects within the organization. The scope of work includes all levels of scheduling, ranging from hands-on detailed preparation to overseeing the work of others.
The Bids & Projects Management Department places a significant amount of business on projects. The role holder is responsible for ensuring that execution of projects is conducted to the required time frames & resources.
* Preparing all levels of project schedules.
* Preparing a fully integrated master schedule including contractor schedules.
* Development of WBS and related dictionaries, schedules or Resource Loaded Networks (RLN's) and budgets.
* Develop, manage and monitor project and project specific budgets, cash flow projections and forecasts.Establishment and maintenance of cost/schedule baselines.
* Oversee the preparation / development of contractor schedules.
* Review contractor schedules on format, completeness and accuracy.
* Perform / define and optimize critical paths and coordinate schedule risk analysis.
* Develop and maintain a (historical) schedule database.
* Implementation of Earned Value methodologies and performs related variance analyses;
* Preparation of written and verbal reports to management.
* Develop and prepare monthly project update reports and project progress summary reports.
* Update the project master schedule(s) weekly/monthly.
* Work with all schedulers for design consultants, construction management consultants, contractors, and program management team members and client staff to obtain the latest schedules in the appropriate program format for each phase (planning, design, bid/award, construction, start-up) and task, incorporate into monthly schedule. Distribute copies of schedule to program management team members and client.
* Attend meetings with design consultants, construction management consultants and contractors to review and approve baseline schedules, and attend regularly scheduled meetings as necessary to stay current on schedules.
* Work with the project team to analyze, assess schedule impacts and implement a claims mitigation/avoidance policy, in support of Q-Tel policy.Business Impact
* This Project planner / scheduler shall assist Project Managers in planning, tracking, and reporting on financial performance of Q-Tel projects and contracts.
* Guide the project team implementing a successful Earned Value execution plan and engage in the Project Management life cycle.
Costs & Profitability
Develop and makes assessments to the project logic networks and estimate, validate and analyze project activity sequencing, and the duration and resource requirements
Ability to interpret complex data and assist in making sound decisions with regard to work around plans, and continuation or termination of activities
Planning & Organizing
Individual will identify subsystem milestones and activities necessary to achieve instrument/ project objectives, maintain documentation of changes and revisions to all schedules, review and assess the task progress against the baseline schedule, perform critical path analysis to determine overall subsystem performance and variances, analyze schedules and identify, coordinate, and evaluate schedule risks
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
* 5 years of relevant project controls, project analyst experience demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility in terms or project size and sophistication, plus personnel management in the engineering services and construction management service areas.
* Working knowledge of Primavera (version 6 and above), SAP and MS Projects.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Self starter with a proven ability to lead others.Analytical.
Minimum Entry Qualifications
* A Bachelor of Science or higher university degree in Engineering or construction management.
* AACEi Planning & Scheduling Professional (PSP) certification.
* PMI certification for project scheduling.
* Project scheduling experience covering development of baseline schedules, incorporating subcontractor schedules, schedule updating and analysis of progress, including project compliance processes and audits.
* Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills.
* Financial knowledge.
Networks (InternalÂ & External Contacts)
* Procurement and Legal.
* Product Managers.
* Excellent communications skills.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Team working.
* Planning & Organising
* Results orientation.
* Customer focus.
* Commercial awareness.
* Detail Conscious
* Delivery of project schedules on time.
* Delivery of required reports on time.
* Prepare various schedule performance metrics (milestones charts, slack tracking charts, etc.
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.