Manager – Static Pumps
SCOPE OF WORK
To manage the Static Pumping Division effectively and profitably, maximizing the utilization or equipment
and customer satisfaction on sites.
KEY TASKS/ ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILIITES
1. To work as leader of all teams in all areas of the UAE where the company is Operating Static Pumps.
2. To perform to the best of your ability, the tasks assigned to you, related to ensuring Area Supervisors, Team Foremen:
a) Lead, instruct and supervise their team members by example
b) Staff Place Stationery Pumps in their Pumping Positions quickly and accurately
c) Teams Connect Pipes to form the Static Pumping Pipelines, and continuously
maintain the Pipelines to reach the required pumping outlet Positions.
d) Teams properly fit pipeline brackets to ensure pipeline stability
e) Ensure the Static Pumps are working properly, and to report any defect they may find to their Workshops division
f) To advise with fitting Manual Distributors or Placing Booms into their operational
g) To ensure staff Maintain the Height of the Boom to the floor required for Pumping, by Jacking the Boom ever-upwards when required.
h) To work in a safe manner, and that team leaders encourage this.
i) To work quickly and properly, to get the job done and to minimize
j) Delays to Pour Starting
k) The non-pumping time of the Pour
l) To report to the Operation Manager- Production & Supply Chain, Operations Director- Production & Supply Chain, any Foreman or team member not co-operating with you, or contravening the requirements of his position.
3. To perform spot checks on your teams to ensure they are being used effectively, and to record your findings.
4. To maximize the amount of Concrete we pump from the existing fleet of Static Pumps, Placing Booms & Manual Distributors, by sharing pumps between sites based on the Daily Program, and Moving Pumps to required Positions quickly and cost efficiently.
5. To discuss with customers their static Pumping requirements before the Contract is finalized and the Pumping Price is set, so that appropriate equipment & requirements are planned for and the highest Pumping price can be charged without losing the Job.
- This will facilitate forward Planning for New Equipment requirements and re-location planning for Existing Equipment
6. Ensure Your Static Pumping and Delivery Equipment (Booms and Pipelines) is maintained at the correct Intervals and are made available for this purpose to the Pumps Mechanical Division. Maintain a register for this Purpose.
7. Keep planning well in advance for requirements, such as Pipes and Brackets, and order well in time, as well as keeping a stock in each area as required. Always keep the company Pricing Strategy in mind when sourcing your requirements. The final order will be placed for you from the Pumps Division Workshops, and the stocks will be stored there until you draw them from the Stores.
8. To report weekly to the Operations Manager-Production & Supply Chain/ Operations Director- Production & Supply Chain, the happenings in each area of a site by site summary, showing machinery & manpower allocated, concrete Pumped, project status and site problems being faced and how overcome.
9. You will be fully in control & responsible for the Profitability of the Static Pump Division, and will be rewarded fairly, and in proportion to the profitability you yield for the company from these operations.
10. Keep records of all equipment and activities in all project sites, and maintain a record of third party certificates.
Management reserves the right to review and revise above mentioned job responsibilities and to give additional responsibilities if deemed necessary
Age 30 to 40 years of age / Engineering Degree Holder / Exposure in a Ready mix Company is must handling the Maintenance, planning, scheduling, pipe layouts, costings, safety and has strong coordination skills. 5 Years experience in the same field.
About the Company
About the Company
Amida is a global recruitment business dedicated to Sustainable Development. We recruit for Buildings, Transport, Energy, Water, Environment and Sustainability professionals in Corporates, Non-profits, Financial/Investment Institutions, Government, SME’s, Contractors and Consultancies. Amida is focused on creating a better world by facilitating talent into organisations who will create a more sustainable future for us all.
Our consultants are all experienced recruiters with first-hand technical and business knowledge of their relevant sectors. Our training program and constant market reviews ensure we are up to speed with new developments and the latest consultative techniques.
Our client base includes a wide array of firms and public authorities, ranging from architects, environmental consultancies, engineering firms, construction companies, large global corporations to SME’s.