Manager – Strategic Enterprise Development
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Reporting to the SBD Director, the SED Manager is responsible for the SED Division. The SED Manager works seamlessly with the Business Research & Analysis (BRA) Manager and Strategic Planning (SP) Manger to provide integrated strategic services to advance the vision and mission of the organization. All managers in the SBD Department are responsible for their respective Divisions and are also cross-trained to support each Division as needed. SBD Managers collaborate effectively with the CCAD executive team and other Institute / Department leaders. Primary responsibilities for the SED Manager include supporting the development of strategic action plans for each Institute / Department and providing project management expertise for prioritized strategic initiatives. The SED Manager actively directs analyst staff assigned to SED related work. All Managers are highly proficient in producing professional deliverables in the following software programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage the strategic planning framework for the organization
- Coordinate and facilitate executive team effort to determine strategic goals and objectives
- Coordinate and facilitate executive team efforts to identify and prioritize key strategic initiatives
- Develop and manage the organization’s strategic scorecard cascaded down to institutes and departments
- Report on the progress towards achieving the strategic goals and objectives
- Collaborate on financial, capital and facility planning
- Coordinate and facilitate ad-hoc planning retreats for the organization
- Collaborate with IT Department to identify and select business intelligence / performance management systems that support SBD services
Business Research & Development
- Provide significant breadth and depth of strategic and operational analytical capability to assess the organization’s current and future position
- Develop, analyze, and provide the necessary information on which strategic decisions are based
- Collaborate with other departments to fully assess the viability of strategic initiatives
- Provide input into the implementation planning of strategic initiatives
- Develop and manage market and competitive positioning strategy
- Develop clinical and non-clinical business plans
- Collaborate with Finance Department to conduct financial feasibility studies
- Collaborate with Finance Department on mergers and acquisitions planning
Strategic Enterprise Development
- Provide comprehensive solutions to effectively plan and implement strategic initiatives utilizing project management best practices, tools, and technology
- Actively lead strategic projects as assigned by the executive team through the strategic planning process
- Oversee third party consultants hired to assist with strategic initiatives
- Serve as the organization’s subject matter experts on program / project management and performance improvement methodologies
- Conduct and facilitate organizational training / workshops related to program / project management and performance improvement as needed to implement strategic initiatives
- 5-10 years of healthcare experience which may include 2 years of healthcare fellowships in complex healthcare organizations (e.g., academic medical centers).
- Strong understanding of healthcare strategy, business research, and project management best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Informatics, or Business Administration strongly preferred.
About the Company
About the Company
The hospital will be a unique and unparalleled extension of the Cleveland Clinic model, providing a spectrum of specialty services that are designed to cater to the healthcare needs of Abu Dhabi and the region. Like its counterpart in the United States, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will be led and staffed by physicians who are western-trained and board-certified. Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will include a multispecialty tertiary care center and adjacent clinic. It will offer the most advanced tertiary/quaternary medical services in the region through a comprehensive range of specialties and subspecialties. The hospital will have
the latest technologies in surgery, imaging, telemedicine and electronic medical records. An integrated clinic-hospital design will serve local and international patients in an environment that combines excellent amenities with world-class medical care.
Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will provide a number of career opportunities, and the medical professionals will receive ongoing training directly from Cleveland Clinic.