After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Manufacturing Lead – Engineering – Aerospace
Al Ain, UAE
Reporting to the General Manager
CANDIDATES ONLY APPLY WITH AEROSPACE EXPERIENCE.
The Manufacturing Engineering Lead is responsible for the transformation of the requirements to the operational production process design and the definition of the required manufacturing technology. This will be executed through the leadership of an appropriate integrated product team.
Key Performance Indicators
• Build-up, coordinate and manage a qualified integrated product manufacturing engineering team
• Teams deliver on time and within budget to specific requirements.
• Create, execute a detailed project plans and specifications for the production process
• On time delivery
• Research, assess, specify and install ‘state-of-the-art’ manufacturing technologies.
• Competitive Capability
• Implement the right combination of lean tools and techniques to manage and control production through the plant.
• Increase in throughput.
• Reduction in Cost
• Improvement in quality or performance
• Develop and implement and qualify detailed production methodology.
• Delivery of an accurate and efficient production data pack
• Identify training requirements to support each project.
• Capable and effective staff
• Define the composite production project, consisting of
• Define process design
• Specify manufacturing technologies to be used in production
• Production layout to achieve optimum manufacturing performance (including minor tooling processes)
• Highlight Budgetary requirements including specific costs
• Define series of parts in composite materials
• Ensure adequate tooling & resources exist to carry out the functions of the Operations Group
• Develop Manufacturing Processes for the production of Composite components, including tooling requirements and process definition.
• Prepare of requirement specifications and the procurement of tooling and Capital Equipment for Composite product manufacture
• Work alongside the Technical Design Team to operate R&D activities and support of the Manufacturing Workforce
• Raise and coordinate design Change Requests.
• Develop of new methods and lean processes
• Coordinate the manufacturing engineering Integrated product team.
• Assist in the training of staff where appropriate
• Manage the continuous improvement of production processes
• Support the recruiting efforts for a qualified manufacturing engineering team
• Very good understanding of Composite Techniques (filament winding and / or composite layup)
• Experience in Composite Process Development
• Experience in working with materials such as carbon fibre, kevlar and silicone
• Knowledge of technical drawing/3D modeling
• Knowledge of advanced manufacturing methods (advanced methods for the deposition of composite materials, e.g. automatic tape laying)
• Knowledge of composite material characteristics
• Knowledge of the principles of industrial analysis, the principal planning techniques and configuration control.
• Knowledge of the principles/systems for production quality control
• Use of basic computer tools (Office Automation S/W and database management)
• Knowledge of ERP Systems such as SAP
• Knowledge of CATIA, DELMIA and ENOVIA
• Economic awareness
• Capability of interacting with external, international environments
• Ability to work as part of a team, capacity to analyze and summarize
Educated to Degree Level in engineering.
• Able to work effectively in a group in a team member role
• Participation in significant development programs for products of a good technological level (minimum 5 years)
• Very Good Experience of conducting route cause analysis of production problems
About the Company
Based in the UAE, we are a boutique consultancy specialising in executive search and recruitment for organisations across the Middle East.
Our global reach, combined with unrivalled local knowledge and prime location makes us the number one choice for employers looking to fill 'mission critical' roles in the region.
The cornerstone of our business proposition is our complete immersion in the international markets in which we operate, which allows us to provide our clients with absolute attention, professionalism and delivery every time.
With a track record of success throughout the GCC, we are uniquely positioned to provide a solution to your staffing needs.