After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Marine Chief Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Responsible to the Captain for the efficient operation and maintenance of all machinery and equipment onboard the vessels. Work performed includes:
- Performance of all vessel work in accordance with safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Loading and discharging of dry and wet cargoes, consumables and water ballast.
-Ordering, receiving, stowing and issuing of engine room stores and spare parts.
- Organising effective temporary and permanent repairs.
- Implementing corrective and planned preventive maintenance schedule of all shipboard machinery, electrical appliances and systems.
- Maintaining necessary logs and records of maintenance conducted and prospective repairs (shipyard repair) work lists of engineering activities.
- Sounding all tanks as per Company’s operational procedures.
- Supervising the effectiveness of the work carried out by shore based personnel and contractors.
- Supervising the conduct of all hot works onboard.
- Implementing Company’s Health, Safety and Environment Management System (HSEMS) of his area onboard vessel.
- Motivating vessel crew for involvement in HSEMS activities.
- Maintaining high standard of housekeeping of his area onboard the vessel.
- Training and qualifying Engine Department personnel.
- At all times use appropriate safety equipment and protective clothing.
- Familiarising himself with details of emergency stations and procedures.
- Undertake other assignments as deemed appropriate by the division’s management.
- Acceptable valid Certificate of Competency as per STCW-95, Administration requirements and as per OPCO Acceptance Standards.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Offshore Watchkeeping experience is preferred.
- Must be of ethical in character, with good leadership & communication skills.
- Maximum age of 55 years.
- Ability to spend 95% of the time onboard vessel.
- ARAMCO approved in anchor handling vessels as a Chief Engineer highly preferred.
About the Company
ESNAAD is a wholly owned subsidiary of ADNOC. The facility currently known as Mussafah Offshore Supply Base (MOSB) is strategically located at the Industrial hub of Mussafah approximately 40kms by road from the city center of Abu Dhabi. "ESNAAD" is not an acronym, as the Arabic name implies it means "Support".
The Base spreads over 148 hectares of fully developed land alongside the channel, with its state-of-the-art facilities. The company is well equipped to meet the challenge that lie ahead in supporting the oil and gas industry in the region operating in an era of modern technology.
The base operates 24 hours a day throughout the year and it provides security round-the-clock through an access control procedure and a highly sophisticated fire detection and fire lighting system.