Jebel Ali Free Zone, UAE
Mechanical design and analysis of equipment.
• Design drilling equipment to meet operating requirements.
• Design and specify hydraulic power systems and related controls.
• Liaise with subcontractors / suppliers to design and specify mechanical components.
• Liaise with in-house structural engineers ensuring overall product functionality.
• Design piping systems up to 7,500psi working pressure – including selection of pumps, piping material, valves, etc.
• Ensure equipment meets or exceeds authority / class / third-party requirements.
• Compile design and calculation packages for third party approval.
• Provide input to project schedules.
• Report progress on responsible activities.
• Provide input to sales estimates.
• Interface with the client determining best solution to client’s needs.
• Coordinate activities of assigned draftsman ensuring that drawing delivery meets project schedule requirements.
• Check, approve and release drawings.
• Prepare and maintain engineering files for assigned projects.
• Prepare installation, operation and maintenance manuals.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum BS Degree in Engineering with emphasis on mechanical design.
• Advanced analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills.
• Good communication, organization and follow up skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and MathCAD.
• Familiar with STAAD-PRO.
• Familiar with API, DNV, ABS, ASTM and AISC.
• Working knowledge of electro-hydraulic controls and PLC’s.
• Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
• Working knowledge of “best practice” installing hydraulic power systems.
• Dynamic personality with the ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
• Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical engineering in related industry.
• Proficiency with PRO-E.
• Understanding of Oil Drilling processes.
Compensation & Benefits
• A competitive performance based salary structure.
• Flex-time schedule allowing flexibility for the employee to achieve work/life balance.
• Extensive Learning & Development opportunities through the “Aker Academy”, “On the Job Training”, “E-Learning” and other options.
About the Company
MHWirth is a leading global provider of first-class drilling solutions and services designed to offer our valued clients with the safer, more efficient and reliable alternative. Our company vision is centered on an unparalleled commitment to quality and yielding economic advantages for our customers and stakeholders.
With a remarkable legacy founded more than a century ago, MHWirth has transformed into a new brand reflective of our robust company strategy and compelling ambitions. Our reputation is preserved through a winning combination of values, people and innovative technologies, proven by a respected track record and a vast collection of customer success stories.
As the largest subsidiary of Akastor, MHWirth has a global span covering five continents with offices in more than 20 countries. Drawing upon our global market success, we continue to seize opportunities through an established strong regional presence in the Americas, Asia and West Africa. Our 4300 dedicated professionals consistently strive to enhance customer satisfaction and form meaningful collaborations by creating a personalized experience.