Mechanical design and analysis of equipment.
• Design drilling equipment to meet operating requirements.
• Design and specify hydraulic power systems and related controls.
• Liaise with subcontractors / suppliers to design and specify mechanical components.
• Liaise with in-house structural engineers ensuring overall product functionality.
• Design piping systems up to 7,500psi working pressure – including selection of pumps, piping material, valves, etc.
• Ensure equipment meets or exceeds authority / class / third-party requirements.
• Compile design and calculation packages for third party approval.
• Provide input to project schedules.
• Report progress on responsible activities.
• Provide input to sales estimates.
• Interface with the client determining best solution to client’s needs.
• Coordinate activities of assigned draftsman ensuring that drawing delivery meets project schedule requirements.
• Check, approve and release drawings.
• Prepare and maintain engineering files for assigned projects.
• Prepare installation, operation and maintenance manuals.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum BS Degree in Engineering with emphasis on mechanical design.
• Advanced analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills.
• Good communication, organization and follow up skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and MathCAD.
• Familiar with STAAD-PRO.
• Familiar with API, DNV, ABS, ASTM and AISC.
• Working knowledge of electro-hydraulic controls and PLC’s.
• Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Excellent customer service skills and attitude.
• Working knowledge of “best practice” installing hydraulic power systems.
• Dynamic personality with the ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
• Minimum 5 years experience in mechanical engineering in related industry.
• Proficiency with PRO-E.
• Understanding of Oil Drilling processes.
Compensation & Benefits
• A competitive performance based salary structure.
• Flex-time schedule allowing flexibility for the employee to achieve work/life balance.
• Extensive Learning & Development opportunities through the “Aker Academy”, “On the Job Training”, “E-Learning” and other options.
About the Company
About the Company
Aker Solutions delivers engineering, construction, manufacturing, technology products, maintenance and other specialized services, often as total solutions for complete projects. Aker Solutions employs approximately 20,000 employees and 8000 contract staff in around 26 countries.
Aker Solutions provides innovative drilling and topside technologies as well as Lifecycle Service of oilfield drilling equipment and drilling structures. In addition, we represent & sell the standard product line of our affiliated companies and provide project management services for multi-part drilling equipment deliveries.
Aker Solutions implements a unique ‘People Policy’:
In the end, it comes down to the talent and motivation of you and me. Delivering strong results is impossible without a highly capable workforce.
We learn on the job, through challenging tasks, coaching and training.
Development of people and teams in our company has one purpose - to create a foundation for long-term sustainable value creation through efficient project execution and a sound business operation.
We respect and encourage diversity and build strong, energised and effective teams - and we have fun together.