Mechanical Foreman – Al Futtaim Engineering
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Engineering is multi disciplinary engineering organisation which has been operating throughout the United Arab Emirates since 1974. As a member of the Al-Futtaim Group, we enjoy the benefits of being a part of one of the leading business houses operating in the lower Gulf Region.
Through our five divisions, we offer a wide variety of products and services in the construction, commercial and industrial sectors. Our involvement in numerous large scale projects in the GCC has given us a wealth of experience. From Scaffolding to Elevators and Security Systems to Air-conditioning, Sanityware and Facilities Management, the Al-Futtaim name spells quality & reliability.
* Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in mechanical systems (e.g. heating, air conditioning, refrigeration systems, boilers, pumps, controls, coils, electric motors, air compressors, pools, etc.) for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and replacement needs.Â
* Analyzes documents and materials for existing and proposed mechanical systems (e.g. blue prints, schematics, and drawings, etc.) for the purpose of identifying location of new and existing mechanical systems and determining the efficient installation of additional systems.
* Collaborates with Supervisor - Mechanical and assists with the coordination of day to day maintenance activities for the purpose of ensuring the proper and efficient maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems.
* Coordinates with supervisor and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
* Estimates and procures materials and/or equipment needed to compete work projects for the purpose of ensuring timely completion of projects.
* Implements the execution of routine and preventive maintenance programs (e.g. systems for collection of work projects, prioritization, planning, and scheduling of work projects; adjusting work schedules in response to changing priorities and documenting and communicating information, etc.) for the purpose of maximizing customer service and efficient and effective operations.
* Inspects completed work (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring quality of work standards are met and identifying preventive maintenance requirements.
* Installs heating/air conditioning equipment and systems (e.g. pumps, electric motors, kitchen equipment, fans, controls, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities and a comfortable working environment.
* Maintains a variety of files and records (e.g. time sheets, inventory, work orders, labor/material estimates, equipment repairÂ manuals, etc.) for the purpose of providing an up to date reference and tracking expenditures.
* Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
* Oversees assigned mechanical personnel and daily activities and operations (e.g. training, scheduling, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and maximizing the efficiency of the workforce.
* Prepares reports and written materials related to assigned activities (e.g. records of refrigerants, daily paperwork/log, time and materials, specifications, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
* Repairs various items, systems, and/or components (e.g. boilers, furnaces, refrigeration units, kitchen equipment, pumps, pools, drains, coils, and electric motors, etc.)
* Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
2 year Diploma in Mechanical from a recognized college
3 years of related maintenance work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of al MEP systems, Equipment and drawings.
-Able to work under pressure and along with groups of people to achieve maximum efficiency
-Self-motivated with skills to motivate others
-Strong verbal and written communication skill
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.