Mechanical Service Engineer
To inspect, repair and maintain the Companies fleet of powered access machines including electric and diesel engine machines.
• Carry out pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of machines at customer sites and at depots/workshops as required, and in conformance with manufacturer’s specification, Company policy and the regulations affecting the use. Ensure that there is no deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine. Notify the appropriate Manager of any defective or unsafe equipment.
• Repair machines within the workshop, depot or on site as required to ensure conformance with manufactures specification and Company policy.
• To complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard.
• Handover machines to customers and familiarise customers with safe machine operation in accordance with Company procedures.
• Act as an ambassador for the Company, providing a high standard of customer care and being polite at all times.
• Accurately complete all relevant paperwork including engineer reports, off hire, pre/delivery inspection and service sheets.
• Update the system on machine status change i.e. PDI carried out, machine under repair, 6 monthly statutory Inspection completed.
• Maintain high levels of personal appearance, ensuring uniform and personal protective equipment are used correctly.
In addition to the above the job holder shall carry out any other duties as are deemed necessary to carry out the role.
• Applications are invited from heavy equipment (preferably manufacturer trained) engineers
• Should possess good mechanical skills
• Excellent fault finding capabilities and able to read hydraulic and electrical schematics
• A capable communicator
About the Company
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
* Steel Erection and construction
* Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
* Industrial and building maintenance
* Signage and Events
* Outside Broadcasting
* Telecommunications maintenance
* Facilities Management
* Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy "Your success is ours".