After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Unity Resources Group
South Sudan, Sudan
About Unity Clinic
Unity Clinic has been operating in South Sudan since 2006. It is part of the Unity Resources Group with Headquarters in Dubai. Unity is a level 2 Clinic & level 3 Blood Lab that has membership based services with onsite diagnostic facilities and pharmacy. It provides Primary Health Care and Emergency Response and stabilization prior to evacuation.
General Description of the Role
The Medical Doctor (MD) with the Country Manager will provide Clinical Leadership in quality and clinical governance to international and national standards. This will include the responsibilities of Head of Clinic managing administration, human resources and training of clinical and clinic support staff.
The MD will be responsible for providing high quality diagnosis and treatment of the patients using best practice and adherence to treatment protocols, while also supporting staff development within the clinic and topside medical support to the URG field medics.
The MD is also responsible for maintaining and developing existing relationships between the Clinic, the Local Authorities and the Community i.e. The Ministry of Health ROSS, Ministry of Health Central Equatorial, local clinics and Local doctors.
• Treating all patients with dignity, respect and care.
• Diagnosing and treating patients efficiently in accordance with URG treatment protocols.
• Provision of evidence-based and quality clinical care of individual patients in all domains of medical practice Including;
• Patient Interview;
• Clinical examination;
• Identification of clinical problems and health opportunities;
• Plan of overall clinical care, planning management and health promotion;
• Maintenance of contemporaneous comprehensive, accurate, legible medical records of patient status and progress and associated correspondence.
• Discuss with other medical practitioners if a second opinion is needed regarding diagnosing and treatment of a patient.
• Ensure data is recorded correctly regarding each patient and that all patient notes are given to the medical secretary after each consultation.
• Writing of referral letters and Clinical reports.
• Coordinating and assisting with Medevac’ing patients from Juba or referring patients for further medical intervention to Regional level 3 Hospitals.
• To ensure the correct and efficient storage of all drugs, equipment and vaccines, is carried out.
• Undertake clinical responsibilities to provide patient care, liaison with other hospitals, maintenance of appropriate records and confidentiality, co-ordination of medical.
• Participate in after hours on call services.
• Supervise and co-ordinate the duties of the clinic staff.
• Commitment to teaching, supervision and mentorship of other medical staff, students and clinicians, including the completion of quality supervisory documentation.
• Ensuring that relevant medical supplies are present in the clinic.
• To assist with control and regulate the distribution and use of medical supplies; and liaise with the Deputy Head of Clinic regarding procurement , budgeting and time lines
• To ensure that Universal Precautions are adhered to in the Clinic.
• To adhere at all times to Unity’s security procedures (i.e. ensure that your mobiles are switched on and you can be contacted).
• To adhere to all Unity Resources Group protocols, procedures and guidelines.
• It will be your responsibility to keep your work station organized
• Actively lead, promote and contribute to clinical governance and quality improvement initiatives for Unity Health Services and support and progress interdisciplinary governance initiatives.
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by URG Clinic
Requirements (Person Specification)
• Qualified Medical Doctor with minimum 5 years of work experience (at least 3 years in remote /rural medicine)
• Relevant experience in General Practice, specializing in Trauma and Tropical Diseases with previous experience in PHC/health programs
• It is highly desirable to hold post graduate clinical diploma and experience or equivalent qualifications and experience ACLS current registration
• High level of clinical knowledge, proficiency and skills extending across the broad range of medical practice relevant to rural / remote clinic and an ability to prepare comprehensive and concise documentation of all clinical observations, opinions, diagnoses, other data and procedures undertaken.
• Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
• A demonstrated ability to lead and manage a high performing medical team to deliver safe health care within a quality framework and to command accountability of subordinate medical officers.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, negotiation, organisation and time management.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in workplace policy and processes for improving clinical practice standards and commitment to quality improvement in a health care environment.
• Up to date knowledge of current pharmaceutical drugs used locally and internationally.
• Fluent in spoken and written English (Arabic an advantage)
• Staff management/training experience and good inter-personnel skills
• Very enthusiastic and keen to travel and work extra hours to achieve the objectives of the Clinic
Reporting to: Country Manager
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The position is based in Juba South Sudan and may require travel.
About the Company
Unity Resources Group (Unity) is a proven and experienced provider of integrated risk mitigation solutions for clients in complex, challenging, sensitive and fragile environments globally. Our focus is on integrated effective and efficient solutions that deliver resilience and improved results in our client’s businesses, projects and programs. Our intelligence led, innovative and fused approach to the delivery of risk management and security services, aviation services, executive services, medical services and supply chain logistics, make us a partner of choice to our diverse global client base.
Established in 2000, Unity's global footprint includes over 1200 staff operating from our network of global offices across the core markets of Australasia, Africa, the Americas the Middle East, Central Asia and Europe.The Company supports a wide range of clients in the public and private sectors including governments, international organisations, the world’s leading commercial brands and public identities, as well as development and not for profit organisations.