Merchandise Planner (Apparel) – Toys R Us
Al Futtaim Group
Merchandise Planner (Apparel) - Toys R Us - Regional Office, Dubai
Toys R Us is the largest specialty toy store in the world. Launched by the Al-Futtaim Group in Dubai in 1995, Toys R Us now exist in twelve locations in the Gulf market and has emerged as undisputed market leader for all children related products.
The stores offer an unrivalled range of toys, games, sporting goods, electronics, software, baby products, children's apparel and juvenile furniture all under one roof.Your key responsibilities will be responsible for:
Chain Item Planning:
* Develop and maintain item sales and inventory plans (pre and in-season)
* Develop inventory plan by week by chain.
* Recommend changes to assortment, markdowns, mark-ups, and to promote items based on current rate of sales and go forward plans.
* Track weekly sales performance and make adjustments to sales, forecast receipts and markdowns as needed.
* Review item plans (forecasted sales and inventory) with vendor to ensure product availability.
* Communicate inventory concerns for promotional and inline sales through the proper communication vehicles.
* Order and manage inventory investments to ensure the right product arrives in the right location in the right quantity at the right time.
* Analyse, determine and execute initial orders for new items to include quantity and timing.
* Review, maintain and execute vendor orders to ensure proper flow of product from vendor to TRU DC, within given Open To Buy, Weeks Of Supply, and in stock goals.
* Work directly with vendors sharing orders, information on sales plans, performance metrics, and gathering data on item availability.
* Maintain the vendor ordering calendar to optimize inbound flow of goods.
* Management of policies to achieve targeted presentation, inventory, in stock, and sales goals.
* Analyse store and DC inventory and in-stocks to ensure appropriate store replenishment; execute changes either manually or utilizing allocation tools; balance inventory when necessary.
* Collaborate with Local Market team to develop specific allocation segmentations, support critical advertisements and Key Item processes, and store specific merchandise requests.(bulk sales, institutional sales, etc.)
* Collaborate with Sales and Operation Team to address supply chain and system issues.
* Collaborate with Logistics Team to ensure proper prioritization of hot/ needed product.
* Manage exception reporting to ensure proper allocation down to store level.
* Work directly with Buyers to ensure that assortment plans and item eligibility directly coincide with replenishment plans.
* Working with buyer and visual merchandising, suggest appropriate store groupings where business dictates.
* Validate presentation minimums to ensure enough inventory is available to support periodic events like end caps and feature space.
Ideally you will come from a retail industry and you will be able to demonstrate:
* Two to four years related experience in retail planning
* Strong analytical skills
* High attention to detail
* Proficient excel skills
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to work with all levels within an organization.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.