Music Sales Executive – Retail – OMASCO
Al Futtaim Group
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman.
The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, Aftron, Yamaha Music Instruments, Hamilton Jet and ADNOC.We currently have an opening for an experienced Sales Executive, for our Music Sales and Services department.
The role will report to DM - Allied Brands &Watches of Omasco.
The responsibilities of this role are:
* Maintain knowledge of products being handled and achieving set target for the designated products in the retail store
* Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs
* Handling cash, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits
* Maintain records related to sales
* Maintain an eye for detail and display
* Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
* Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
* Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers
* Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items
* Demonstrate use or operation of merchandise
* Handling Inventory stock and requisition new stock
* Receive and process cash or credit payment
* Ensure adherence toÂ commercial rules of the business
To be successfully considered for the above position, candidates will possess the following attributes, knowledge and competencies:
* Diploma holder / Graduate
* Good Knowledge of Music and various musical instruments
* Hands-on experience playing musical instruments is a must
* Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
* 3+ years in sales
* Self - assessment
* Willing to work under pressure
* Good communication and personality
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.