After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
National Technical Leader – AF Motors – CSO
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Motors occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to Toyota's worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Motors is synonymous with Toyota and Lexus, which enjoys undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. Besides Toyota, AF Motors also holds exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries and many more.
To provide full back-up support to these world-class franchises, AF Motors have an established network of showrooms and service & parts centres throughout the UAE.Responsible for the provision of day to day diagnostic support and technical communication directly to Branch Technical staff (ie; Service Manager, Advisor, Diagnostic Specialist and Forman / Lead Tech) for a group of assigned Branch / Dealership Service Operations within the AFM Branch network on behalf of CSO Technical Division.
This role is mission critical in achievement and execution of key AFM directives in compliance with TMC Distributor requirements; Early Detection Early Resolution (EDER) product quality improvement, Fix it Right, Warranty Cost Reduction, Customer Satisfaction, RQI and other measurable and customer survey service metrics.
To understand, diagnose and resolve hi tech and difficult-to-repair complaint vehicles.
To Coach technical staff of all AFM Branches in methodical diagnosis to ensure Fix-It-Right activity.
To support and Coach CSO, Branch and Other dept. Personnel concerning technical and warranty issues.
To provide timely and accurate technical reports using internal systems and processes.
To support TMC Technical Activities (Conformity Test, SSC, etc.)
To support internal customers (CR Dept., Sales & Marketing, Parts Dept., etc)
To support external customers (RTA, Dubai Police, Fleet Customer, Suppliers and other Walk-in queries).
To monitor shop-floor activities, observe and report problem areas and suggest improvement.
Ensure 5S and TSM Principles are achieved at all times in AFM Workshop operations.
Comprehend customer concerns and communicate effectively for customer satisfaction.
* Technical Problem Resolution - Conduct and conclude productive and effective Early Detection Early Resolution activities with Manufacturer, Branches and Customers.
* New Project/Initiatives and Campaigns - Conduct and complete implementation of new projects, product evaluation, Special Service Campaigns and other technical activities with Manufacturer/Branch.
*Principals Visit and Surveys - Arrange and conduct visits and surveys by Manufacturer to ensure principal and distributor objectives are met.
* Synergy among Departments - Building teamwork & Synergy between Technical, Warranty, Training, Kaizen and CR Department function & functionaries by conducting synchronized training & development activities.
* Technical Reporting to Principal - Ensure timely and accurate reporting of technical problems, competitor product information & service activity to the principal to enhance the product quality.
* Fix-It-Right - Implement and Monitor smooth implementation of Fix-It-Right activity.
* Dealer Support - Plan and execute Technical seminars periodically to provide Dealer key personnel with Technical & Operational update & platform for open discussion
* Robust and thorough command of hi tech diagnostic principles and methods.
* Application of non-destructive testing and inspection of all automotive systems.
* Understanding of FMEA data capture and reporting technique.
* Able to diagnose and repair power-train components.
* Able to use endoscope to identify, distinguish engine internal components for diagnosing.
* Able to use standard shop-floor SST.
* Able to diagnose CAN, LAN, AVN, Multiplex and other BUS type communication systems.
* Able to diagnose, program and re-program electronic key, immobiliser and theft deterrent systems.
* Knowledge of Airbag Deployment algorithm and condition requirements.
* Able to judge necessity of Airbag non Deployment.
* Able to judge, diagnose and repair NVH, vibration frequency by perceptual and tool evaluation methods.
* Able to pinpoint the area where vibration occurs based on frequency measured and the driving condition.
* Skills in wheel balancing and wheel alignment machine practical usage and application.
* Able to judge vehicle wind noise vis-a-vis weather condition wind noise.
* Able to understand effects caused to vehicle by weather or environment, harsh condition etc.
* Able to diagnose sulfuric and objectionable odor in car and able to apply countermeasure.
* Able to judge occurrence factor for Fire Hazard issue.
* Able to obtain data, monitor and diagnose information using Diagnostic Tester and import to Personal Computer or Desk Top Computer.
* Understand data, monitor of Diagnostic Tester and control flow of active test.
* Able to diagnose vehicle interior noise using ultrasonic leak detector.
* Able to judge battery condition using Midtronics Tester.
* Able to submit accurate and timely Field Technical Report.
* Able to assist, coach warranty dept. and other NSD personnel through staff engagement activity.
* Support Manufacturer activities concerning technical and marketing activities.
* Support Customer Relations Dept., Sales & Marketing, Parts, Workshop Equipment Div, Tires Battery & Accessories concerning technical issues and other activities.
* Support External and Internal Customers with continuous improvement mind set in achieving Customer Satisfaction and product improvement goals.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Automotive Technology Diploma
Minimum Experience: 5 years working experience in major automotive manufacturer, distributor or dealership as General Repair Workshop Foreman or Master Technician with valid UAE Driving License.
Job-Specific Skills: Highly Technical Diagnostics and OBD Diagnostics. Bumper to Bumper Automotive repair knowledge; Mechanical, Electrical and Advance Knowledge in Automotive Electronics. Good PC skill in MS Office suite; Excel, Word, Power Point.
Behavioural Competencies: Analytical, Logical, Teamwork, Communicative in Written & Spoken English, Customer Focused, Computer literate, Interested in new technology, Planning and Organizing, Task Oriented, Hi level of quality Communication - written and spoken.
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.