Navy Base Snr Project Manager
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.Â With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments.Â A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 100 countries and had revenue of $7.0 billion during the 12 months ended Dec. 31, 2010.
Leads delivery of state of the art US $ 1 billion Naval Base. Client Facing. Prepares Program Management master and detailed schedules from pre-concept through construction to Operator set-up and Opening. Advises contract administration.
Duties & responsibilities
1. Supervises, provides guidance to and coordinates effort of schedulers assigned to program.
2. Work within the disciplines imposed by an â€˜electronic Program Management' System (ePM). Ensure Primavera schedules correlate within the ePM to Costing Data.
3. Develop Design, Construction and Operator schedules. Estimate time element of change of orders and incorporate within the schedules. Evaluate claims and make recommendations.
4. Actively seek out fast-track design and construct opportunities together with the Program ManagementTeams.
5. Review / approve consultants and contractor's schedules.
6. Advise and assist the consultants and contractors in the development of their schedules.
7. Monitor and report the actual progress of the work versus the planned work. Monitor actual production rates and compare with plan.
8. Define milestones for inclusion in Request for Proposals and Tender documents through detailed discussions with the Program Management Teams, define interfaces between buildings/infrastructure and Construction/Operations.
9. Prepare technical Proposal and Tender evaluations.
10. Prepare monthly progress reports text and Schedule summaries / look-aheads.
Bachelors' Degree in Civil Engineering
Specific Skills required
1. Leadership of small team of schedulers. Understand and be able to apply resources to schedule activities. Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills.
2. Expert knowledge of codes, scheduling principles and construction methodologies.
3. Strong computer skills and be a hands-on User of Primavera 5/6 (MS Project would be advantageous).
4. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
5. Understand and apply Earned Value Management tools.
1. Must be pro-active, adaptable and able to motivate team members.
2. Must have strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Must be a self-starter and possess leadership qualities.
4. Able to set priorities and be self driven to meet delivery targets.
5. Able to interface with both clients and other inter/intra-office disciplines at a senior level.
20 years experience of which 15 yrs experience is on a Navy Base and 5 yrs international experience.
AECOM employees around the world enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation package. AECOM is much more than just a place to work. It's a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects world wide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.