After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Nurse Practitioner – Head of Clinic
Unity Resources Group
Overall Job Purpose
The vacancy is for a relief position based in Baghdad, Iraq. The post holder is an experienced nurse who, acting within their professional boundaries, will provide care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment and evaluation of care. They will be providing emergency response, treatment, transport and evacuation coordination for time critical patients. They will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills, for patients within the general practice. They will develop and provide wellness and First aid training to project staff while also reviewing emergency response planning and activation.
General Description of the Role
The Nurse Practitioner must adhere to the correct and efficient operation of the clinic (in line with international/national standards) on a daily basis. Diagnosing and correct treatment of the patients is paramount as is the dispensing of pharmaceuticals, provision/stock of drugs, consumables equipment, clinical waste management and any other activity suggested by the Clinic Senior Staff.
The post holder will demonstrate critical thinking in the clinical decision-making process. They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required. In order to work at this level Qualifications and Registration requirements for advanced practice must be met.
There is an expectation that the successful candidate will develop a good relationship between the Clinic, the Local Health Authorities, Ministry of Health and the Community. They will be responsible for data collection and analysis of the clinic activity and for reporting to the relevant management staff and outside Health Authorities.
• Treating all patients with dignity, respect and care.
• Diagnosing and treating patients efficiently.
• Discuss with senior staff/doctors if an opinion is needed regarding diagnosing and treatment of a patient.
• Ensure data is recorded correctly regarding each patients.
• Check all work areas in the morning before the clinic opens
• To ensure the correct and efficient storage of all drugs, equipment and vaccines, proper reporting-data collection and the monthly inventory is carried out.
• Ensure the Emergency /Trauma bag is fully stocked and all drugs checked for out of dates during the monthly inventory check.
• Ensure the ambulance is stocked and ready for use.
• Supporting the team with an emergency response plan at area level; ensuring that relevant medical supplies are present in the clinic
• To ensure the correct use of the Water and Sanitation component in the clinic (i.e. responsible for the good maintenance of bathrooms and hand washing facilities in the clinic, and reporting any problem or suggestion to facilitate hygiene promotion.
• Health Promotion advice to clients and the community.
• Control and regulate the distribution, use and stock of medical supplies;
• Ensure safe waste disposal
• Ensure universal precautions are adhered to in the Clinic.
• To adhere at all times to Unity’s Code of Conduct and security procedures (i.e.: ensure that your mobiles are switched on and you can be contacted).
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by Project Manager.
Patient Focus – Consistently and enthusiastically delivers high levels of patient service to exceed patients’ expectations.
Team Focus – Supports and respects team members, communicating effectively and demonstrating a commitment to the team.
Work Ethics – Demonstrate strong self management skills, a commitment to nursing and flexibility to adapt to unexpected changes.
Quality Focus – Knowledge of and a demonstrated commitment to quality processes and evidence based practices, identifying areas for improvement and contributing to these improvements.
Work Values – Demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for all patients, carers and staff.
Qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements:
• Recent experience working in Iraq and specifically Baghdad is essential.
• Registration with a National Nursing Council and possession of a current practising certificate
• Qualified Nurse Practitioner with at least 10 years experience in Practice Nursing as well as an extensive knowledge of Trauma.
• Relevant courses in Trauma/Medical Management or equivalent
• A strong background in staff and clinic management
• Staff mentoring/training experience and good inter-personnel skills
• IT skills such as Word, Excel sheets, Power point.
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Most be able to work as part of a team and be relied upon to make independent decisions when called upon to do so.
• Very enthusiastic, and highly motivated to identify local priorities and develop small projects and implement action plans.
About the Company
Unity Resources Group (Unity) is a proven and experienced provider of integrated risk mitigation solutions for clients in complex, challenging, sensitive and fragile environments globally. Our focus is on integrated effective and efficient solutions that deliver resilience and improved results in our client’s businesses, projects and programs. Our intelligence led, innovative and fused approach to the delivery of risk management and security services, aviation services, executive services, medical services and supply chain logistics, make us a partner of choice to our diverse global client base.
Established in 2000, Unity's global footprint includes over 1200 staff operating from our network of global offices across the core markets of Australasia, Africa, the Americas the Middle East, Central Asia and Europe.The Company supports a wide range of clients in the public and private sectors including governments, international organisations, the world’s leading commercial brands and public identities, as well as development and not for profit organisations.