Emerging Markets Communications
Emerging Markets Communications is the premier satellite communication service provider for non governmental agencies and enterprises focused in remote and austere environments.
EMC has just opened its Abu Dhabi office to provide better service to customers in these regions and is seeking a person with established organizational and communications skills who is used to a fast paced operations environment.
The company also has a warehouse in Dubai which provides equipment reception, storage, and deployment for customers in the region. Travel to Dubai will be required regularly.
The requirements of the Office Administrator are:
• Must have excellent telephone skills, providing a professional introduction using a pleasant voice to EMC customers.
• Ability to handle logistical issues such as inventory management without supervision
• Experience with data entry into an enterprise resources planning system and spreadsheets.
• Ability to administer company HR policies and procedures for time off, travel, safety and overtime.
• Ability to analyze costs for hotels, transportation and other office purchases and propose options to management to minimize costs.
• Responsible for keeping an organized calendar and schedule of events for the general manager and staff meetings,
• Experience planning specialized events and/or trade shows is a plus.
• Must have exemplary interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
• Ability to handle errand tasks such as tasks may include but are not limited to making bank deposits, shopping for office supplies or picking up food supplies for the office responsibly without supervision. This would require a drivers license
• Must maintain office files and documents in accordance with company policies and keep reception area tidy since it is the first impression to the customer.
• Ability to support an office that may require additional support outside of a normal workday due to operational requirements.
• Ability to type 40 WPM on a standard computer keyboard.
• Ability to perform directed searches on the Internet.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Intermediate to advanced level knowledge in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Knowledge of Access and/or Visio is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to arrange quick implementation of business support technologies such as mobile phones, SIM cards, etc.
• Critical thinking with ability to size up actions quickly and resolve ambiguity to present options to others in the office.
About the Company
About the Company
Emerging Markets Communications, Inc. (EMC) is a premier provider of hybrid global satellite and terrestrial communications. Utilizing a high quality, fully managed network, EMC offers maritime services, teleport services, and private, end-to-end satellite and terrestrial networks in more than 140 countries.
EMC specializes in meeting the diverse communications needs of its customers, which include international aid and financial organizations, and a series of Fortune 500 companies. A United States-based company with headquarters in Florida, EMC is powered by its network of strategically located, wholly-owned support centers (in Germany, Kazakhstan, Russia, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Argentina, Kenya and West Africa).
In addition, EMC operates three wholly-owned teleport facilities, which are equipped with 11 to 32 meter C, Ku, L, and X-band antennas, as well as 120,000 square feet of highly secure disaster recovery and business continuity infrastructure.
The Quality Management System of Emerging Markets Communications is ISO 9001-2008 certified.
EMC is member of SIA (Satellite Industry Association), WTA (World Teleport Association) and GVF (Global VSAT Forum).