Operation Discipline Supervisor (Coach)
MENA HR Solutions
Operation Discipline Supervisor (Coach) - 2 positions - Instrument & Process/Production.
1 year renewable Contract
Reporting To: Technician Development Lead
1 year Contract for now, can be renewable ahead based on performance in the 1st year
To support recruitment, curriculum development and monitoring Technician performance. Lead accelerated development of national technician trainees from recruitment level through to competent stand-alone production and maintenance technicians. Deliver and drive continuous improvement supporting business objectives for coaching, assessing & development through attainment of CMAS targets. Provide leadership and 3rd party verification and assurance in the creation of individual and team performance through coaching & development. To assist in the development, creation, embedding, and delivery of the Competency common process for the khazzan facility community. The role will be 1 per discipline Instrument & Process/Production.
Lead by example in all areas of HSE. Drive continuous improvement of Process Safety by demonstrating to the Technician workforce best practice in process Operations. Fully committed to achieving no accidents, no harm to people and no damage to the environment. Support and coach Technicians to achieve a high standard of HSE awareness and behaviour.
Line manager for the Operations Discipline Supervisor (Coach) is the Technician Development Leader who is responsible for the setting of core accountabilities and priorities within the My Plan system. The Technician Development Leader will set annual targets for development progression of National technicians and Operations Discipline Supervisor (Coach) will be responsible for delivery of these targets.
· Line Manager for the Technicians.
· Support the Technician recruitment campaign and be part of the Interview Team.
· Review and advise on Technician Foundation and post Foundation curriculum with 3rd party vendors
· Monitor Technician progress through the foundation program and provide support as required.
· Working with HR initiate the PIP process as required.
· Help with the development of CMAS Generic and site specific profiles.
· Monitor, assist, and audit the Process Safety culture at the site where it relates to competency. Working with Site Leaders to Intervene and assist where needed.
· Monitor competency and assessment targets and intervene where necessary for foundation Technicians.
· Drive consistency and CI in standards of coaching and assessment; provide verification of assessments and narratives.
· Ensure competence standards are understood, achieved, maintained and formally recorded via iCAN for post foundation Technicians.
· Verify new National Coaches are ready and able to be stand alone coaches, coach the coach.
· Assist supervisors and coaches to set and sign off technician rotation objectives where necessary.
· Assist coaches and technicians in the use of common processes such as planning, work flow cycle through Maximo, SSOW and Technician logbooks.
· Advise on development targets with the management team and play a role in field succession planning.
· Identify gaps in technician development progression, network with Oman Org Capability team to provide training, coaching and assessment opportunities.
· Work with Org Capability team to embed and drive CI in common process such as assessment techniques and to share lessons around the field.
These accountabilities will be delivered through
· Recruitment interviews.
· Full integration with 3rd party training provider
· Being embedded across the Khazzan facility assets.
· Attendance at weekly and monthly planning meetings.
· Using planning lookaheads.
· Reporting via weekly meetings and Quarterly reviews.
Operations Discipline Supervisor (Coach) will not be expected to carry out execution of day to day work on the wells & facilities but will ensure a high standard of coaching is being carried out both directly and indirectly at the Training centre and work site.
Knowledge and Skills
Considered to be a Subject Matter Expert for their discipline. An experienced technician or FLL with strong coaching and people skills and a demonstrated ‘hands on’ technical ability in a multicultural environment. Will be expected to spend time equally at site, Training facility and other locations yet to be decided for post foundation training with technicians which will be fundamental to the success of the role:
· Microsoft Office programs – advanced user
· ICAN program database for technicians and site leaders
· Promotion / Progression Process procedure
· Technician Development Overview from K1-J3
· Technician Development Guidelines
· Work force database
Education: Bachelors required
Well developed interpersonal skills, self motivated and able to work with the minimum amount of supervision showing a strong sense of team involvement, information sharing and mutual support. Able to work with other teams and team leaders through influencing and negotiation to avoid conflict and arrive at the best overall outcome from a business and HSE perspective. Further requirements are open mindedness, the ability to challenge conventional methods of working and team demarcation lines and to examine options and possible solutions. Able to motivate and engender these qualities in the teams:
· Performance Bias
· Business Awareness
· Leading People
· Partnership & Teamwork
· Wise Decisions
· Technical & Procedural knowledge
· HSE Delivery
· Interpersonal Skills
· Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
If you / any of your friends are interested please apply online. Also upload your updated profiles in a MS Word format with the below details at the earliest. Application open only for 2 days time.
current monthly salary in USD
expected monthly salary in USD
Joining time required if selected
current location, city
Overall years of experience
Years of experience in Process/production side
Years of experience in coaching/training a team of technicians, please elaborate
Current company & designation
Age & Date of Birth
Education & Year
Ready to relocate to Oman
About the Company
About the Company
We offer an extensive portfolio of HR services, from regular temporary staffing and permanent placement to on site consultants, seconded specialists, recruitment of middle and senior managers and a comprehensive range of specialized HR services covering:
- Permanent hire recruitments
- Secondment and contract hire
- Executive Scan
- HR Consulting
- HR Outsourcing
- Project Management
- Training and Development