The Logistics Operations Assistant will ensure smooth operation of logistics processes and services to all current and future accounts in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Improve the operational systems, process and policies in support of the organization's mission.
- Be the primary point of contact and manages all inventory and supplies used in Kabul.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all operations staff in Kabul.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Focus on execution of operations in territory.
- Stay current on customer and industry trends.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Ensuring the organization complies with local laws and regulations.
- Assist in development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management.
- Oversee and insure high safety and standards at all times.
- Train operations staff to ensure new personnel follow the established training procedures and guidelines.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Maintain general oversight and insure accuracy of records including A/R, A/P, Inventory, etc.
- Set controls and procedures so all details and documents relating to each job is accurately inputted and uploaded into our Intrack system.
- Work closely with the vendor manager to assure that anytime a vendor is booked it is an approved vendor and rates are approved.
- Frequent checking of outgoing and incoming invoices, quotes, etc. and control over valid accounting details and information of agents and vendors.
- Regular meetings with the station manager on general ops issues, improvements and problems.
- Constant communication with other Move One locations on requirements.
- Onboarding new projects and implementing and improving operations and administrative support.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and guidelines.
- Accountable for the performance of all in-country projects.
- Provide weekly SITREPs to the station manager.
- Accountability for and leadership of the high priority and logistically intensive projects assigned by Station Manager.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in an international environment preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in the Logistics industry.
- Work well under pressure and able to work long hours - including weekends.
- Perform quality work within deadlines without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Open and adaptable to challenging environments.
- Multi-task under high-pressure situations with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong supervisory skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively manage others in a team-based environment.
- Strong English skills (written and verbal).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and familiarity with web-based applications.
About the Company
About the Company
Move One provides time-critical supply chain solutions in the areas of logistics, relocation and moving. Our strategically positioned international offices and partners deliver a door-to-door service unparalleled in the industry. Global experience and on the ground local expertise combined with technological innovation allows us to develop tailored products to meet the needs of our clients. Founded in 1992, Move One has grown aggressively through its pursuit of new markets and results-driven company culture. Head quartered in Dubai UAE, Move One is geographically positioned for further expansion in the logistics world.