Operations Director – Supply Chain
SCOPE OF WORK
The Operations Director – production & Supply Chain shall cover all Directorial functions for the assigned
KEY TASKS/ ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILIITES
1. To ensure co-operation of all the Divisions controlled by you, with all other the companies Divisions, in order to promote communication, & the smooth and efficient operation of the company.
2. To ensure the following divisions under your control,
i. Transport Division
ii. Plant Production Division
iii. Plant Dispatch Division
iv. Static Pumping Division
Perform to the best possible level, in an efficient and profit making manner, so as to grow the company in both financial stature, and in reputation for reliability.
3. To produce a Monthly Summary Report for all Supply Chain Operations, summarizing all area’s Site Activities, Production and Delivery Statistics, Fleet Utilizations and current events of importance.
4. Be fully conversant with all company policies and procedures relating to the Transport, Plant, and Dispatch & Pumping divisions.
5. Ensure staff in your divisions, have the required training to perform their tasks, and to recommend and organize training for staff requiring it.
6. Ensure the Fleet of Vehicles is optimally utilized, maintained, and fuel efficient.
7. Install discipline and punishment where appropriate.
8. Check on the activities of the Area Production Managers & Area Dispatch Executives, to ensure policies are adhered to, and that the daily Production and Delivery Planning Process of each Branch in your area is working smoothly and efficiently.
9. Ensure the Batch Plants are properly maintained as per planned schedule, and are properly calibrated on their due dates, and that Plant Operators are in fact checking for this on a daily basis.
10. Make sure the Dispatch department keep to their promises and deliver on time.
11. Ensure the company has the required & most suitable productive assets by:
a) Studying Production trends and Budgets to establish Asset Capacities & #’s required
b) Making Technical, Price & Financing comparisons to find the best Supplier
c) Establishing the timing requirements for assets to be procured.
12. Ensure monthly Asset Profit & Loss reports are prepared and checked for accuracy to achieve the following:
a) Show the Profitability of each asset
b) Show the costs (fixed & variable) of each asset
c) Show the Utilization of each asset
d) See if any reason is specifically causing assets to be unprofitable and to solve the problem by:
i. Scrapping the Vehicle
ii. Repairing it to be more efficient
iii. Utilizing it more appropriately and to a higher level
e) Study trends for specific and groups of vehicles to see the Progress in the Divisions utilizing them and repairing them.
13. Production efficiency & results, measuring the progress in the division and the manner in which you handle staff, and control them.
Frequent visits to each Division’s operations, to observe their performance.
• Local and international interaction in Suppliers & technology, design and overall
supervision of activities.
• Interaction with international and local codes / regulations.
• Dealing with all Supply Chain matters requiring prompt decision making.
• Decision making to resolve problems and improve efficiency of operations.
• Effective communication with sub-ordinates and With GM & Head Office, Al Fara’a
• Dealing with different technologies from various suppliers for machinery. Involved in recommending improvements / upgrading / components for concrete pumps & all other Fleet & Plant.
• Providing support to other departments incl. production in decision making.
• Involvement with annual Assets Budgeting for Company production Requirements.
Age 35 to 45 years of age / Civil Engineering or Relevant Degree holder, minimum 10-15 years experience as Operations Manager or Operations Director in a Ready Mix Concrete Industry. Highly knowledgeable in the Operations of a Ready Mix company from raw materials up to delivery. Has handled large scale or batching plants, fleets such as TM, pumps and other heavy equipment. Very analytical and highly energetic. Strategic and Business Oriented. Handled the flow of operations and it’s logistical areas. Male candidates only due to constant travelling and site visits.
About the Company
About the Company
Amida is a global recruitment business dedicated to Sustainable Development. We recruit for Buildings, Transport, Energy, Water, Environment and Sustainability professionals in Corporates, Non-profits, Financial/Investment Institutions, Government, SME’s, Contractors and Consultancies. Amida is focused on creating a better world by facilitating talent into organisations who will create a more sustainable future for us all.
Our consultants are all experienced recruiters with first-hand technical and business knowledge of their relevant sectors. Our training program and constant market reviews ensure we are up to speed with new developments and the latest consultative techniques.
Our client base includes a wide array of firms and public authorities, ranging from architects, environmental consultancies, engineering firms, construction companies, large global corporations to SME’s.