Operations Manager – AFGRE
Al Futtaim Group
Operations Manager - Dubai Festival City - AFGRE
Al-Futtaim Real Estate offers comprehensive services from selection of site and feasibility studies to construction and property management. The range of properties administered and leased in the UAE includes warehouses, showrooms, workshops, offices, villas and apartment buildings.
Dubai Festival City, one of our leading developments, is a premier waterfront urban community that has been designed to capture the ground breaking 21st Century spirit of Dubai. It offers a rich and vibrant living experience that encompasses the finest, easily accessible shopping, dining, entertainment, homes, schools, hotels, offices and leisure in one place.
Additional to this Al Futtaim's warehousing complex in Dubai, measuring over one million square feet, is by far the largest owned by any company in the Gulf. This is used as a central warehouse for the group, stocking vast quantities of electronic goods, automobiles, commercial vehicles, heavy equipment and inventories of spare parts. The company also has some 200,000 square feet of showroom space and 600,000 square feet of workshops in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah, Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain. Among the largest of these are the showrooms of Al Futtaim Panatech and Al Futtaim Motors in Dubai.
Due to the expansion of the Group, Dubai Festival Centre has an exciting new opening for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager would beÂ responsible ensuring the efficient operation and delivery of soft services consisting of Security, Safety, Traffic, car parking management, Housekeeping, pest controlling, waste management & Engineering services for Festival Centre.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to work from our Dubai based office. Reporting to the General Manager - Festival Centre you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the efficient operation and delivery of soft services consisting of security, safety, traffic, car parking management, housekeeping, pest controlling, waste management & engineering services for Festival Centre.
* ManagementÂ of planned, reactive and incidental works delivery for security, safety, traffic, housekeeping, waste management and pest control
* Establishment ofÂ SLAs and KPIs of the outsourced contractors and track performance levels of the contractor providing soft services against set KPIs and SLAs
* Management of sub-contractors, consumable and equipments
* Responsible for tender procedure to ensure probity, implementation and monitoring of sub-contractor performance and inventory management of DFC owned spares
* Management ofÂ assets by negotiations and recommendations for procurement of capital equipments according to the operations need
* Management of the staff recruitment, selection, training/ development and succession planning
* Implementation ofÂ expected service standards to the staff and monitors them in terms of personal grooming, hygiene levels, communication skills and the service offered to guest with the objective of superior guest experience requirement
* Preparation of budget for staff, consumable, tools, cap expenditure and contract cost based on analysis of historical costs and projected expenditure
* Ensurance that the security staff and Crisis Management team are trained to recognise and follow procedures related to any crisis and emergency
* Management of site wide signage plan and installation for events by coordinating with Police, Civil defense, Dubai Municipality & city management
* Coordination of a development team for the ongoing construction cleaning, pest controlling & Security Management
* Coordination with tenants for back of the house facilities, Trash disposal, pest control, Safety & Security issues
* Preparation ofÂ routine and ad hoc reports, with the objective of keeping the management informed about all issues relating to operations of mall and taking necessary action thereof.
To apply for the role you should have the following skills and experiences:
* University Graduate in any discipline preferred Bilingual (English and Arabic speaking skills desirable)
* 5 plus years of relevant experience in a shopping centre with very high customer service standard and with some background in Civil Defense Service would be highly advantageous.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.