Operations Manager – Al Futtaim Logistics
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim LogisticsÂ is a leading Supply Chain Management company in Dubai, UAE, with our major shareholder being one of the largest business houses in the lower Gulf region. Al-Futtaim logistics, started as a small warehouse for Al-Futtaim products about 25 years ago, and has developed over the years into one of the largest logistics service providers in the UAE. We have nearly 500 people on our diverse team from 20 different countries.
We offer superior pan-Arab supply chain management solutions including warehousing and distribution, freight forwarding as well as IT solutions and Supply Chain Design and Consulting. The company has an international network of offices and agents for overseas freight and warehousing and distribution centres in all major UAE cities and ports.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Operations Manager to work from our Jebel Ali based operations. You will be responsible for managing and controlling all operational aspects of the Auto Units Distribution Division. The department's core focus is the delivery of motor vehicles to Automotive showrooms throughout the UAE. The role has significant financial, HR, operational and customer facing requirements.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager,Automotive you will have the following key responsibilities:
* Review periodic reports provided by the service provider, attend periodic meeting ensure agreement between business and service provider with respect to actions and follow up of the deliverables
* Develop and document Standing Operating Procedures for all areas of the division
* Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of system-generated (or manual where necessary) LPOs and invoices
* Formulate and finalize Service Level Agreements with both suppliers and customers
* Ensures strict, accurate & timely management reporting techniques for visibility of daily operational achievements and trends. Exceed all KPI targets set for the sector with effective use of system-driven reporting
* responsible for cost control in the department through strict measurement and control of MPC, Fleet cost, Fuel cost, outsourcing and subcontracting
* Source and evaluate Subcontractors as required for client's specific requirements and to support volume spikes or projects
* Ensure that all vehicles leaving or returning the premises adhere to strict compliance with safety and relevant quality standards (damages, cleanliness etc)
* Work closely with supervisory and planning team to ensure execution of plans are cost effective, well organised, measured and meeting customer expectations
* Conduct critical measurements of the following: inter alia, KPIs covering On-Time Delivery; Cost per KM; Incidents/Accidents per month; Customer/Employee Complaints, Safety, Profitability; Staff Turnover; Training and Business Growth
* Manage and control the efficient utilisation of Track & Trace systems in the Fleet
* To get the department up to date with new technology able to improve efficiency: RFID, Fleet monitoring, new software solutions
* Assist in continuous improvement of driver training and establish a documented Driver Training Programme
Operations Manager, Automotive is a specialist function and is limited in the market. Job Holder should oversee the entire operations and financial performance of the Automotive Department within Al Futtaim Logistics in Dubai. Logistics automotive experience is essential for this role
To apply for this role you should have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
* Formal education and training in logistics
* Minimum 5 years managerial experience in a transport/automotive environment
* Knowledge and experience of customs documentation and procedures in the UAE
* Knowledge of UAE Road & Traffic Authorities, Police, Licensing departments and any other municipal or governmental authority that directly or indirectly impacts on the automotive activities
* Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.