Operations Manager – Clearance & Freight
Al Futtaim Group
Operations Manager - Clearance & Freight - Alfa Egypt
Al-Futtaim's Retail Division holds a stable of world class brands operating in buoyant markets with huge growth prospects. Some of our brands are Marks & Spencer, Toys R Us, Ace, IKEA , Guess, Esprit, Plug-Ins as well as Robinsons with a range of smaller brands selected for their appeal to the markets in which we operate. We currently operate our Retail outlets across the GCC, Levant, Egypt and in South East Asia.
Alfa Egypt Trading Co is the Al-Futtaim Retail Divisions Egypt Operating Company. We have enjoyed phenomenal success throughout Egypt. We are in the final stages of outline planning for massive growth and need to prepare for the next phase of this program in Egypt.
We are currently seeking to hire an Operations Manager - Clearance & Freight - Retail Logistics Shared Services, Â to be based for our Egypt Operations; Reporting to the Logistics Manager of the Retail Division . As an Operations Manager - Clearance & Freight you will be responsible to ensure and oversee the clearance procedure of the entire product range imported into Egypt. Work as per the targets of lead time and cost parameters set by Retail Supply Chain Division and ensure smooth product flow.
Your key accountabilities will include:
* Clearance Lead time per shipment
* Clearance Costs per Shipment
* Reporting of Lead times / Clearance Costs per shipment
* Cost Reduction in Brokerage Services
* Exploring multiple avenues of efficient Brokerage Solutions
In addition you will be responsible for:
* Coordination with Members of Government and any other regulatory bodies such as GOIEC, Customs, Ministry of Trade, Economic Department etc. to get the brands registered, Products listed and provide smooth customs clearance procedure
* Ensure Timely feedback on Rules / Regulations to Brand Logistics teams / Retail Supply Chain Division as well in the head office.
* Work in advance to ensure timely clearance of the shipments in Pipeline
* Explore opportunities for easier / faster clearance of imports into country
* Explore multiple Customs Brokerage agents / Lab Testing Agencies for expediting the Clearance processes
* Management of Customs Duty paid accounts - Brand Wise
* Preparation/Issuance of Authorization/Import letters related to Customs procedures
* Accountable for management/monitoring of Brokerage houses service levels agreed brand wise
* Be aware of the latest rules and regulations, Work Closely for issuance / sourcing of Free Sale certificates, Certificates of Inspection / Certificate of Analysis/ Other documentation for beauty / cosmetics products Import clearance and Registration
* Coordination with Brand Logistics Teams to make them understand Documentation requirements for clearance of imports, Communicate the changes in Procedures related to Import on a timely basis
* Coordination with Finance department for providing all supporting data for analysis and vouchers for smooth payments - Also give inputs to Logistics Manager in Factor working which is to be submitted to Finance
* Coordinate with Logistics Manager to liaise with Principal Suppliers / Brand Logistics / Legal Consultants and Retail Supply Chain Division
Suitable candidates should have the following skills and experience:
* A bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting or any relatedÂ discipline
* At least 2-3 Years of Logistics / Operational experience, knowledge of Customs Clearance procedures in Egypt
* Excellent Communication
* Negotiation Skills
* MS Office and Computer Skills
* Proficiency in International Trade Terms, Agreements and Import / Export Documents
* Personal Leadership
You must beÂ based in EgyptÂ and preferably an Egyptian National to be considered for this role.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.