Operations Manager – Precast Solutions
Established in 2006, our client’s firm supplies total precast solutions to the real estate and construction sectors with a focus on the Western Region of Saudi Arabia. Service provision ranges from design to manufacture, supply and erection. An annual production capacity of 1,000,000 m2 of hollow core slabs and 45,000 m3 of other elements; this firm employs over 300+ staff. Our client now seeks an experienced Operations Manager to provide leadership in managing and maximizing the firm's financial, human and production capability for their Saudi operations. This organization enjoys state of the art production facilities and its products comprise; wall panels, beams, columns, staircases, minorets, domes, foundations, boundary walls, girders, barriers and decorative.
Reporting to the President, the proven performer we seek will be responsible to oversee and direct the plant and production operations including:
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing leadership of logistics, materials, supply chain, planning, technical/design, project management and manufacturing functions
• Planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing of hollow core slabs and other precast elements in compliance with company goals and objectives
• Ensuring jobs are manufactured correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time and in accordance to customer build specification and quality requirements
• Communicating with all relevant divisions and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved
• Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively
• Ensuring necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve production targets
• Managing the Supply Chain function to ensure material is purchased cost effectively and available for production when required
• Maximizing the efficiency of production lines and ensuring effective employment utilization
• Determining methods and strategies for maximizing financial, human and material assets
• Leading performance improvement efforts to continuously control costs, improve efficiency and increase productivity
• Monitoring budgets and reviewing financial statements
• Managing staffing plans and sufficient employment levels to meet production needs
• Directing Division Managers in the provision and execution of operating strategies and plans
• Maintaining employee safety and morale by creating safe working and efficient working environment.
• Reporting to President and Management on above as required
Skills and Specifications
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, manufacturing or related field (Masters Degree level highly desirable), with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the precast sector (with at least 5 years at Operations Manager level)
• High¬ level of leadership and decision making skills
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong commercial acumen and excellent networks within the construction and precast industry
• Ability to read and interpret engineering & technical drawings
• Strong knowledge and understanding of production planning & scheduling
• Possess a working understanding of procurement, stock management systems, quality management systems, health and safety best practice and legislation and the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement tools within a high volume, high quality manufacturing facility
• Strong problem solving skills & ‘design for manufacture’ skills.
• Computer Proficiency in MS Office packages and familiarity with ERP systems
• A good command of English (written and verbal) is necessary
A competitive salary package will be offered to attract exceptional candidates to this growth organization. Please apply online and upload your resume in Word format.
About the Company
About the Company
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through 'best fit” candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.