UK Border Agency (UKBA)
This is a 2 year fixed term contract.
To support high quality, efficient and non-discriminatory UKBA operations to enable meeting published standards and to provide all applicants with a firm, fast and fair service by supervising the day to day operational management of the Visa Section Operations, to include the allocation and monitoring of resources. To effectively deal with a range of visa enquires and correspondence including complaints. Collection, analysis and the monitoring of a variety of statistics and data to provide feedback to operations managers.
1. Oversight and operational control of support staff processing, in co-ordination with Regional Operations Manager/Head of Section.
2. In coordination with the Business Support Unit and Regional Operations Manager/Head of Section, oversee operational needs of support processes (computer, printer, fax, etc); staff ability to work (chairs, workstations, etc.); work environment (washrooms, break areas, cleanliness, health and safety, etc.); and, administrative functions (sickness reporting, leave co-ordination, line management support, performance improvement/disciplinary action, etc.).
3. Operational delegation and line management of Junior Team Leaders and the rotation and training of support staff resources.
4. Collate information and analyse for feedback to managers and support staff regarding process improvement, process efficiency and personnel development.
5. Liaise with external agencies, Visa Application Centres, Partners across Government and Regional spokes, resolving problems as they occur and upward reporting if necessary.
6. Ability to draft responses to correspondence received in relation to application/appeal enquiries and complaints along with the facilitation of urgent cases adhering to procedures within targets in clear and concise language in line with current legislation.
7. Deal professionally with callers, whether on telephone or in person, to the Visa Section, ensuring that people are treated fairly and responding sensitively to differences.
8. Assist with recruitment process of Junior Support staff. To include updating and raising new job descriptions, interviewing and induction programmes.
9. Monitor areas of responsibility to ensure adherence to published guidance, standard procedures and best practice, and, conduct random / percentage quality checks of systems and processes.
10. Facilitate training and development needs identified by Job Holders, Line Managers and Team Leaders.
11. Professional development of personnel management, reporting and process analysis skills of Team Leaders.
12. To provide flexible Band 13 cover and rotation within the visa operation and contribute to the effectiveness of the Visa Management Team.
13. Dissemination of information across the visa section and wider region.
14. Liaison with Business Support Unit on attendance and staffing issues.
15. Take the lead on enquires received for on-line refunds and charge backs. Monitor the refund process and take responsibility for concluding chargeback requests.
16. Be the liaison point between RALON and entry clearance risk profiling, providing assistance and guidance to support staffs on current issues and required process changes.
17. You may be required to take part in Embassy Emergency Planning and response to a crisis.
• Delivering Results.
• Customer Focus.
• Communication and Influencing
• Managing and Developing Staff
Working Hours and Remuneration
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07.30am until 2.30pm on Sunday to Thursday. There may be a requirement to work on a scheduled late shift, currently 1200 to 1900 hrs, 1 week in 8, dependent on assigned duties.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: salary of AED 9, 380 per month, inclusive of all allowances, Band 13; performance bonus; five weeks’ vacation per annum; medical insurance; free, on-site parking ; and free access to on-site swimming pool, gymnasium and sports facilities.
Caveat: The successful candidates will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Please note that due to the nature of this role and of the information handled in this position, only candidates that can obtain a high level of security clearance can be considered.
Potential candidates for the position will be invited to take a short written assessment. Those who pass the assessment will be invited back for an interview.
The closing date for all applications is 9th September 2012
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, religion, belief, marital status, creed or age.
About the Company
About the Company
UK Border Agency (UKBA) operates visa-processing sections in British Embassies and Consulates overseas. We have expanded our Abu Dhabi operation to become a regional processing centre, handling up to 250,000 visa applications per year with a team of over 180 staff. Our team is committed to providing a first class service and is expected to be flexible and hard working. We are always prepared to react positively to change and try new ways of working.