Personal Assistant – Al Futtaim Group Real Estate
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) is the real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim Group which is headquartered in Dubai. AFGRE is responsible for the origination, conception, development, procurement and construction of mega projects and the leasing, sales and operation of these projects after completion.
In addition, AFGRE develops and operates an extensive multi-million dollar portfolio of individual corporate real estate and investment assets across the MENA region.
The two current flagship mixed use urban communities under the Festival City brand are the award winning, Dubai Festival City (5.2 million square metres) and Cairo Festival City (3 million square metres).
The award winning Festival Centre has recently added the Five Star award 'Best Retail Development' at the Arabian Property Awards 2010, and two other prestigious Retail City awards - 'Mall of the Year' and 'Best Retail Destination of the Year'.
AFGRE are currently looking for a high level Executive Assistant role responsible and accountable for the provision of high level secretarial and personal assistant services to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The outputs in the form of documentation, customer service, diary management, to mention a few, must be of a high standard expected of a professionally run organization.
In terms of outcomes, it is expected that through the outputs of the Executive Assistant, the Executive Office will be characterized as being professionally managed; all tasks are undertaken in a timely manner and services are provided on the basis of best practice customer service principles.
Model the organization's values and associated AF behaviours within the office.
Provide executive secretarial services to the CFO including:
* Word processing;
* Assessing, prioritising and diarising meetings and appointments;
* Coordination of meetings;
* Attending to telephone calls, assessing and resolving enquiries where & when appropriate
* Responding to invitations;
* Drafting responses to routine matters and issues;
* Assisting with research and gathering of information relating to various project work undertaken by the CFO
* Coordination of Executive Board Meetings including preparation of
* Agenda, taking minutes and coordinating actions
* Coordination of filing and record keeping for the CFO
* Liaising with managers and Group Directors regarding meetings and issues.
* Act as a first point of contact for the CFO for a range of queries.
Demonstrate cognizant of organizational strategic direction and contractual obligations and working collaboratively with the Senior Managers & HODs', and proactive support in meetings, providing all necessary administrative and event management assistance, and respond to member's requests between meetings.
Administrative & Coordination Support:
* Ensure that all filing, maintenance of records, file management and day to day activities are undertaken to the required standards.
* Assist with the preparation, coordination and updating of the business reports.
* Provide support and assistance to other departments and senior managers whenever required.
* Assist with the coordination of events (including the preparation of invitations, selection and printing of menus and programmes, catering, facilities, entertainment and other resources) as required.
* Plan, organize and arrange the CFO's travel itinerary including but not limited to ticket and hotel bookings, visa processing, and other documentations related to the travel and ensure that it is in compliance with the company's International and Local Business Travel Policy
* Responsible for preparing travel expense reimbursements in line with the company's International and Local Business Travel Policy.
* Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the Director's office and ensure that all office equipment & facilities are in working condition.
* Responsible for maintaining and ordering stationery and grocery supplies for the department
Filing and Document Circulation
* Responsible for devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing and document tracking and circulation.
* Coordinates incoming and outgoing communications and documentation, including distribution as appropriate, obtaining background information and preparing standard replies on behalf of the CFO
Ad-hoc administrative tasks
Provide support and assistance to the CFO in any administrative and coordination tasks as and when required
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Bachelor degree in any discipline.
5-8 years of experience in administration or secretarial role, with at least 3 years experience in the capacity of Personal Assistant or Executive Secretary for a Management level position in a large-sized organisation. Background & knowledge in Real Estate, or Shopping Centres is an advantage.
• Professional expertise - drawing on experiences as an Executive Assistant, able to work autonomously and confidentially, managing and prioritizing administrative tasks efficiently and effectively. Demonstrated writing and editing skills, including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner. Demonstrated competency in designing and maintaining office filing and records systems, and competence in taking minutes and preparing correspondence. Able to successfully manage functions, events and conferences. Has a systematic and organized approach to work.
Excellent written communication skills including the ability to compile and prepare reports, presentations, submissions and other documents.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suites i.e. MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Candidates are required to demonstrate the following behaviours:
• Visibly ethical - able to engage and influence others as a credible professional.
• Organizational awareness - able to understand the core business functions, contractual obligations and the organizational strategic direction, and contribute to the efficient administration of board and executive processes.
• Communication - Able to communicate sensitively and effectively at all levels within the organization and maintain excellent relationships with external contacts. Able to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in a variety of ways, through the use of highly developed written and verbal skills.
• Client service. - Able to consult and understand differing stakeholder needs.
• Self awareness - Able to understand oneself, to appreciate difference and to build confident professional relationships with colleagues to support effective administration processes.
• Flexibility - Able to respond to arising issues and lead quality assurance and risk management initiatives. Able to work out of hours when required and to travel to meetings within DFC and other locations as required.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.