Piping Design Engineer
GS Engineering & Construction
Piping Senior Engineerís role & responsibilities are to prepare the Basic (FEED) Piping Engineering and Design in line with client requirement meeting all the relevant and applicable International, national standards and local statutory & regulatory requirement. The duties include but are not limited to the following;
- Be responsible for the complete engineering and design of piping installations.
This includes, but is not limited to, overall plant layout, location of all major items of equipment, the preparation of design models, all specifications used for piping design, material, purchase, completion of above and under ground drawings for installation of piping systems, requisition of all piping materials, etc., necessary to effectively construct a given project.
- Accomplish the above within the project schedule and allotted budget and in accordance with the applicable standards, codes, project specifications and contractual agreements.
- Monitor and alert Engineering Manager of any deviations in job plan that affects costs, schedules or information to take corrective action where possible.
- Develop specifications covering plant layout and design, pipe fabrication, piping material installation, testing, winterizing and heat tracing and any additional specifications or data to effectively engineer and construct the project.
- Develop the overall and area plot plans, locate all major equipment consistent with job specifications, codes, economics, safety, and maintenance requirements.
- Prepare and complete design or plot development models ready for client's review and GS E&C's checking interface with all design and engineering groups during development. Initiate development of special models where necessary.
- Perform piping layout.
- Prepare general piping arrangement drawings and piping isometric drawings.
- Accumulate data necessary for preparation of project piping engineering estimation. Such data to include piping man-hours, computer costs, etc.
Prepare estimate for staff review and contract application.
- Prepare and check winterizing and steam tracing drawings.
- Provide engineering services to assist in the selection of major items of equipment. This service includes economic studies of equipment/piping systems, and participation in vendor/client conferences.
- Provide construction and fabrication drawings with sufficient details to prefabricate and install piping systems.
- Maintain schedule and manpower forecasts to assure work is completed within the assigned budget and schedule.
- Initiate and develop man-hour estimates and schedule updates as required by changes in scope and to trend the impact of such changes.
- Insure that cost and scheduling is provided with all data necessary to develop an accurate project piping estimate. Such data to include, but not limited to, specifications, layouts, sketches, etc.
- Prepare definitive estimates for monitoring cost control and trending requirements if required.
- Prepare inquiry for piping material including technical bid analysis, purchase requests, supplements, update scope of work, material take-off, bills of material.
- Prepare information drawings for other engineering discipline.
1)Structure & platform information
2)Equipment nozzle orientation
3) Utility distribution diagram
- Initially prepare detail fire fighting piping drawings in collaboration with F/F LE.
- Be advised by Material Engineer in precess engineering team to resolve any requirement in viewpoint of metallurgy.
- Coordinate with Process Safety LE for engineering HSE concern.
1. Education and training
- Bachelorís degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Full conversant with relevant international code & standards such as ANSI/ASME, NEMA, API standards and other local regulation (ex, Saudi, GOST etc.)
- Full conversant with piping engineering and design practices in refinery, oil & gas and petroleum industry.
- Full conversant with 3D CAD SYSTEM (PDS or PDMS) and 3D Model Review System(SP Review, AVEVA Review or Autodesk NavisWorks)
- Full conversant with 2D CAD SYSTEM (Auto CAD or Microstation)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Conversant with the requirement of ISO 9001:2008
- 20 years Experience in basic (FEED) & detail engineering of piping in field of refineries, petrochemical plant, and oil & gas sectors.
- Experience in preparing proposal and ITB
- Competent with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience of working with a multinational workforce
- Experience working in PMC or client side
- Over five(5) years experience for basic (FEED) engineering
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.